Lt. Commander
# 1401
03-02-2012, 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frontline2042
Bull. They patched in the ability to remove the messages from popping up on your screen and instead hiding it in your chat log, which you can also disable. We wanted a way to stop the spam and they gave it to us, that is in fact listening to our feedback.
Sorta... Yes, they removed the messages, but the weight of the general concern has been not only the messages, but the privacy issues as well.

He may not have seen this, wich is a distinct possibility, but it still needs to be adressed.
Lt. Commander
# 1402
03-02-2012, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frontline2042
Bull. They patched in the ability to remove the messages from popping up on your screen and instead hiding it in your chat log, which you can also disable. We wanted a way to stop the spam and they gave it to us, that is in fact listening to our feedback.
Oh sorry I missed out on that little patch notes from 25th .. found it now!
So appologies for beeing not well informed

As discribed above it seems many players missed out on that info and where to disable it. I have not seen any hints how to do it while such discussions went on in zone chat.

Does it only disable the galor spam or will I miss out any other messages too?

Of Course I would have like that option to disable the spam to be turned on by default but I guess the Marketing Ferengi would have jumped in squares if they did
Lt. Commander
# 1403
03-02-2012, 08:21 AM
I congratulated a friend of mine on getting a Galor, and her response? "Er, I didn't win one yet."
Lt. Commander
# 1404
03-02-2012, 08:26 AM
Agreed, the privacy concern remains and Cryptic seems perfectly content to ignore their own rules.

A reading from the Holy Book of Forum Rules according to Stormshade...

Quote:
Real-Life Personal Information
You are not allowed to post personal, real-life information such as home addresses, home phone numbers, e-mail addresses or other personal information belonging to any person, including, without limitation, yourself.
Having a character@handle is akin to having an email broadcast across the game. Players can then spam the (un)lucky recipient with offers to buy, grief them for participating, or report them for spam in some childish act of "sticking it to the man."

Quote:
Sales and Trading
You may not create posts and/or private messages that allude to, contain language, comments, references, links, symbols, terms and/or imagery about and/or promote, advertise and/or otherwise support, in any manner whether directly or indirectly, the purchase, sale and/or trade of any account, character and/or other game asset for out of game assets.
This one seems to be applicable since they're encouraging people to use out of game assets (their money) for an in-game asset (the keys) via the Galor spam.

And since posting links to existing forum posts seems to be getting moderation attention lately, I'll simply direct you to the Announcements forum where you can peruse the community rules at your leisure.
Lt. Commander
# 1405
03-02-2012, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BClark_09
Agreed, the privacy concern remains and Cryptic seems perfectly content to ignore their own rules.

A reading from the Holy Book of Forum Rules according to Stormshade...

Having a character@handle is akin to having an email broadcast across the game. Players can then spam the (un)lucky recipient with offers to buy, grief them for participating, or report them for spam in some childish act of "sticking it to the man."

This one seems to be applicable since they're encouraging people to use out of game assets (their money) for an in-game asset (the keys) via the Galor spam.

And since posting links to existing forum posts seems to be getting moderation attention lately, I'll simply direct you to the Announcements forum where you can peruse the community rules at your leisure.
Well said BClarck. There's definitely a double standard going on with us not allowed to to mention anybody's in-game handle on the forums and with them being allowed to do it in-game.
Lt. Commander
# 1406
03-02-2012, 09:30 AM
This galor buisness is like passing by the marketplace stalls where everybody is yelling at you to buy fruit and vegetables for low price of your soul and your hairy right leg.

Twisted, sickening, annoying form of capitalism at its finest!
Lt. Commander
# 1407
03-02-2012, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminMaxwell View Post
What I'm saying is that the FE series that took them almost a year to make is panning out to be on par with some of the more basic missions I've seen come from the Foundry. With the exception of a few cool special effects and some DOFF action, it has been underwhelming. I can think of half a dozen Foundry missions that put this FE series to shame.
The problem is incentive.

Foundry missions are made by people who's only motivation in doing so is to make the mission as awseum as they can.

The FEs are made by people who in addition to wanting to make the missions awesum are being motivated by wanting to keep their job. Which will not happen if the ignore edicts from higher up the company (like that the release date is fixed so it's releasing now even if the cut-scenes are still bugged).

You also have to figure that the foundry has so many missions that the "experaments" tend to be forgotten and the ones where the creator used ideas they tested out on ealier missions, but with a better understanding of their impact are more likley to be the highly rated ones. The FEs on the other had are experiment and prime-time all in one.
Lt. Commander
# 1408
03-02-2012, 12:45 PM
Actually you can get tipped now...
Closed Thread