Lt. Commander
# 1 "Into the Hive" status?
03-02-2012, 09:40 AM
As many of you know, the 4th part (or would that be 7th & 8th now?) of the Borg STFs has been in limbo for a very long time. The last we heard of it from the STO team was back in 2011, when it was being targetted for a September - October release, before disappearing from the radar once again.

In the recent Ask Cryptic, we see a Q&A directly related to STFs, but with no specific mention of Into the Hive...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Cryptic: March 2012
Q: (trekkie7979) I love the new shorter STFs, and I love being able to queue for them. Can we expect to see more of these fun End Game heroics added soon?

Dstahl:
We are constantly looking to design new fun and compelling content like the updated STFs. There are content design resources that are devoted to making more fun queue-like events that you’ve been seeing released over the last several months. So whether this new types of Red-Alerts, new Events, or new STFs to queue for, more content is definitely on the way.
My question: Is this STF still being worked on, or has it been put on hiatus once again?

I think that the STFs are some of the most enjoyable endgame content we have in STO. It's been a very long time since we've had anything truly fresh and new in that department, and I think adding more of these to the game would go a long way in satisfying endgamer's appetites for challenging & repeatable content.

While we're on the topic of STFs, I think it would be a very smart move on Cryptic's part to work on creating atleast 1 solid STF per in game rank. These could be scaleable, with an Elite (VA) version of each one. This would provide team oriented repeatable content throughout leveling, and also give endgamers more to do at the same time. Thats a win win situation in my book.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-02-2012, 09:43 AM
It will be here next Tuesday.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-02-2012, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
It will be here next Tuesday.
You left spacedock without a new STF???
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-02-2012, 10:16 AM
Into the Hive was originally scheduled for Spring-time 2010.

It's coming soon. Probably.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-02-2012, 10:34 AM
Soon (tm)

/10char
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-02-2012, 01:58 PM
Not necessarily asking for an ETA here, although that would be nice.

I just want to know if its still in the works, or if it's been canned.