Lt. Commander
# 11
03-02-2012, 02:33 PM
Even though they would be in line behind a fuller KDF, Romulans, Cardassians, and whatever...

...the simplest thing to consider would be that it would not be a Borg Faction. It would be a Liberated Borg Faction.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-02-2012, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer
Even though they would be in line behind a fuller KDF, Romulans, Cardassians, and whatever...

...the simplest thing to consider would be that it would not be a Borg Faction. It would be a Liberated Borg Faction.
Your talking about RP, not game mechanics. The way that the game works is you are given orders by your controlling organization; period. You dont get to just set out and become a pirate. You are always following some kind of mission orders. Some people RP by the book Starfleet Captains while other people talk about real life things when playing the game. But that doesnt make the latter some kind of "liberated Federation" faction. Its just a matter of RP.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-02-2012, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Your talking about RP, not game mechanics. The way that the game works is you are given orders by your controlling organization; period. You dont get to just set out and become a pirate. You are always following some kind of mission orders. Some people RP by the book Starfleet Captains while other people talk about real life things when playing the game. But that doesnt make the latter some kind of "liberated Federation" faction. Its just a matter of RP.
No, it is not a RP thing.

A Liberated Borg Faction would not be tied into the Collective. They would not have the arsenal available to them as if they were. It is a mechanics thing. From available ships, mission design, etc, etc, etc - that's about mechanics.

How somebody played their Liberated Borg would be a matter of RP. Having a limited version of the faction available to play would be a matter of mechanics.

Any mission that offers a choice or some of the various optional accolades, a Borg could not do. A Liberated Borg could. It's mechanics.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-02-2012, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Any mission that offers a choice or some of the various optional accolades, a Borg could not do. A Liberated Borg could. It's mechanics.
Wrong. The borg do consider options and choice etc. Voyagers first encouters with Seven of Nine showed this. The Queen also showed this quiet a few times.

It would not be so far fetched, if the collective/queen selected out a few drones to be a special task
unit/collective that had a little freedom.

Also the queen valued sevens individuality and showed great intrest in it. It could easily be said that the borg attempted to replicate sevens individuality into a select few drones, to carry out tasks the collective could not, giving them choice etc. These would be the players.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-02-2012, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrorize89
Wrong. The borg do consider options and choice etc. Voyagers first encouters with Seven of Nine showed this. The Queen also showed this quiet a few times.

It would not be so far fetched, if the collective/queen selected out a few drones to be a special task
unit/collective that had a little freedom.

Also the queen valued sevens individuality and showed great intrest in it. It could easily be said that the borg attempted to replicate sevens individuality into a select few drones, to carry out tasks the collective could not, giving them choice etc. These would be the players.
You may wish to review your memories about Seven and the Queen over at Memory Alpha.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-02-2012, 03:14 PM
Quote:
No, it is not a RP thing.

A Liberated Borg Faction would not be tied into the Collective. They would not have the arsenal available to them as if they were. It is a mechanics thing. From available ships, mission design, etc, etc, etc - that's about mechanics.

How somebody played their Liberated Borg would be a matter of RP. Having a limited version of the faction available to play would be a matter of mechanics.

I misread your previous post. I thought you were saying that any playable Borg faction would *have* to be "liberated", not that that was simply the "easiest" way to go about it. As far as the latter goes, you are probably right.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-02-2012, 03:18 PM
Quote:
You may wish to review your memories about Seven and the Queen over at Memory Alpha.
Nope, I have no need to.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-02-2012, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I misread your previous post. I thought you were saying that any playable Borg faction would *have* to be "liberated", not that that was simply the "easiest" way to go about it. As far as the latter goes, you are probably right.
My apologies if it was not clear. Was not looking at it from a RP concept in the least, and I could have been clearer on it - if I had said some of what I did later earlier. Flipping back and forth between the game - some of my posts are more rushed than others.