Lt. Commander
# 11
03-01-2012, 04:58 PM
Most likely these little 'bugs' are occuring due to the episodes being pumped out so quickly. They have a week to program, develop, voice, and bug fix before releasing it. That's a really short amount of time. And they still have to be tested.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-01-2012, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boba_Fett215
Most likely these little 'bugs' are occuring due to the episodes being pumped out so quickly. They have a week to program, develop, voice, and bug fix before releasing it. That's a really short amount of time. And they still have to be tested.
That's not how these things are done. All of the programming, developing, voice acting recording and supposed bug-fixed happened months ago; they aren't in the midst of producing them right now. They have had at least 6 months to beta test it, and I find it hard to believe that the problem with the shuttle polaron array was missed in any decent attempt to beta-test the episodes, suggesting that the beta testing was insufficient or even non-existent.

But this touches on another issue related to the rewards of this episode Cryptic's complete lack of information about set powers. There needs to be a write-up, either in the game, or on the web site telling what each of the set powers does. What on earth is "Dominion Dynamics" do? A horrible lack of information on the aspects of the game is as much of a failing as the shameful lack of beta-testing.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-01-2012, 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsaud
. What on earth is "Dominion Dynamics" do? A horrible lack of information on the aspects of the game is as much of a failing as the shameful lack of beta-testing.
To be fair, you get that information from Right Click > Info.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-01-2012, 09:26 PM
between the polaser-s mishap and the typo's its been a sloppy couple of weeks. when their done waiting for the "golden candidate" to trickle down from the land of nowhere, i'm available and i'm a perfectionist. do it right or dont bother
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-02-2012, 01:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boba_Fett215
You are joking aren't you? They've had the best part of a year to roll these out,"sniff,sniff" I smell a troll. :p
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-02-2012, 01:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsaud
There is a distinct and unforgivable Quality Control Deficit at Cryptic lately.
I loled hard!

Quote:
They have a week to program, develop, voice, and bug fix before releasing it. That's a really short amount of time.
You Sir, have no idea how things are done. As in TV those episodes are premade month or at least a couple of weeks before aired. The story is written and set in stone more than half a year, or even a year before any work starts. Sure there can be minor changes prior to the release, but only minor.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-02-2012, 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zekesulastin
To be fair, you get that information from Right Click > Info.
I have yet to find any mention of any set powers that it's possible to right-click on, so that suggestion is less than helpful.