Lt. Commander
# 61
03-02-2012, 05:15 PM
I'm thankful that Dan Stahl is back.. He's the hope of this game..
Lt. Commander
# 62
03-02-2012, 07:02 PM

Yes there are a lot of negatives about this game. There are a lot of threads dedicated to pointing them out, and I am vocal on these threads when i find something I don't like. But there's also a lot to love about this game - I'm not saying about Cryptic or PW, but this game.

The duty officer system has me addicted. It's not everyone's cup of tea, but I absolutely love it. I've recently discovered the easily discoverable foundry. i stayed away from it because I mistakenly thought it was a waste of time - some subpar missions not created by the devs - BOY was I WRONG! Some of these missions are BETTER than anything Cryptic has made (XR-377 i'm looking at you!) (also, sorry for not calling anyone else out, like I said I'm new to the foundry). Borg alerts are fun, it adds a feeling of a living world where you're going about your scheduled mission and are called away for an emergency only you (and everyone else) can handle.

Those are just a few off the top of my head, but just in general, I'm flying around in my own fed (or kdf) ship, experiencing the Star Trek universe! I'm a captain, one of many, sworn to protect my alliance and further my faction's cause! There isn't a day that goes by where i'm not excited to log into STO and fly around this universe.

When that feeling ends I'll turn in my bars and mothball my ships, but not until then. If you don't feel this kind of joy logging in to STO, you may be ready to retire your captain.
Lt. Commander
# 63
03-02-2012, 07:06 PM
Im in it. Enough said. :p
Lt. Commander
# 64
03-02-2012, 07:33 PM
I like the combination of ship and ground combat.

That i can work on DOFF missions while I'm travelling from one place to another. or if I want to warp to a mission, i can, and then transwarp back to ESD.

I like the variety of ships., characters, and uniforms

I like the broken tricorder emote!
Ensign
# 65
02-13-2014, 01:21 AM
I love Star Trek and always have. Series movies books and comic books. I tried Star Trek online because it was free and wanted to see how my new computer would handle the game and graphics. It handles very well. What I love most is the starships and bridge officers. The options and customization. This game has hiccups but overall I am happy to be playing and meeting other fans of Star Trek and mmporg. Now if only we could get a Terran Empire faction....well I created my own Terran character.
Lt. Commander
# 66
02-13-2014, 02:30 AM
I like zooming around in my ship going all Ahab on every borg I can.
Shoot through the Galaxy, Final Master Spark!
Empire Veteran
# 67
02-13-2014, 02:37 AM
Did you look at the last post date? Necroing (posting in threads inactive more than 30 days is frowned upon).

Your first clue should have been the 'Archived Post' avatars.

No one likes a zombie.

Last edited by abystander0; 02-13-2014 at 02:56 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 68
02-13-2014, 05:05 AM
So far I love every part of the game I've explored. My favorite part of the game is the Duty Officer system.
These aren't the droids you're looking for.
Captain
# 69
02-13-2014, 05:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archived Post View Post
I am being dead serious. Can anyone say something good about this game without the obligatory "I like this but..."? Is like this thread to be dedicated to that. There are plenty of QQ threads out there, you can even start your own. For this thread let's hear the stuff cryptic has gotten right - and that's it. I'm not being forced to play this game and I certainly haven't bought a game that has kept me this entertained for this long - ever. I feel no need to spend any money on it but have chosen to. So, with that, I will start:
The space combat is intense and easily, hands down, my number one favorite part of this game. There's just so much to learn. I've never played a game where I strived to be better at it.
Some of the missions I have played have been freaking intense and I loved them. I typically don't enjoy replaying missions but the vault, the assault on DS9 and coleseum (ive know that isn't spelled right bit I blame my phone and dyslexia) come to mind.
The foundry seems like the coolest idea ever for an online game. I am saving that for later, if I ever get bored shooting borg for dil.
All in all I feel the balance is pretty darn good for free to play. I don't feel I need to play to win and that makes spending money on the game feel like i am supporting it rather than trying to get a foot up.
The look of the game is pretty impressive and I feel it will only get better. The architecture in the vault was just WOW. I spent ten minutes just flying around outside.
So that's what I got in the small amount of time I have for my break. Anyone else want to show some positive feedback?
NO. I am being dead serious. And this is a super necro post.

Last edited by kantazo1; 02-13-2014 at 05:51 AM.
Career Officer
# 70
02-13-2014, 06:18 AM
way to necro a 2 year old thread. you should of started a new topic and linked this thread to the new one and continue the conversation in that one.
Joined STO late 2010. Bought starter pack LoR & LTS 2013.
Proud owner of a Targ pup to a federation character.
T6 Miranda FTW! Hope to see Miranda Class made a T6 hero ship.
Closed Thread