Lt. Commander
# 1 Big Dig?
03-02-2012, 10:25 AM
I understand its a Fleet Action, and that the Daily Fleet action is random. In Addition I love doing the fleet actions, all of them. How ever I have been sitting int he PVE queue for Big dig as the daily for 3 days now.

No one does it.

I asked in ESD and Qo'nos, the general answer is it takes too long and people don't move as a cohesive group.

Can the change of Big Dig be lowered or something, ideally removed from the daily rotation.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-02-2012, 11:50 AM
When I see The Big Dig as my daily now I don't even bother doing that daily. It's a huge waste of time. I could do three STFs for almost 3x the dilithium in the time it takes to do that fleet action.

If I'm lucky and get a good Dig team it only takes an hour or so, but still geez.

Not worth queueing for.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-02-2012, 12:11 PM
Big Dig needs a complete re-work.

It is one of the worst missions in the entire game - reward, time, and playablity (fun factor) wise.

It would be a huge improvement if it was made scaleable so that it was possible solo too. I've tried completing it since launch - two years ago - and NEVER had a group stick together long enough to finish it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-02-2012, 12:28 PM
There's more productive uses of your time than to play Big Dig. It was viable when there were less emblem sources than before, but now with the STF's and Dailies not only giving you dilithium, but the dilithium cap means that you can collect all the dilithium you need from everywhere else, in less time, and get better loot than you could farming Big Dig. It means you can get your requirements without touching Big Dig.

The only thing you're missing out on is trophies.

Good thing I got mine ages ago. I used to rock The Big Dig!

What I would do, since even with a great team The Big Dig takes a long time (Expect to take an hour or so), I would make the reward that much bigger. Double or triple the dilithium haul, and perhaps have Mk XII purples in the drops (perhaps 1 out of every ten Big Digs? As well as keep the Mk XI purple drops).
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-02-2012, 11:03 PM
i was trying on that one.. many times..
then, a team actually sticked together, for 2 hours..
then i got a DC, and till i was back in the game i also got out of the group.
till i got to my group on the top of the pyramide, i got ported out of the map.
3 minutes later one of them was writing me they finally did it.

NEVER AGAIN
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-03-2012, 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nONLY_DRock
There's more productive uses of your time than to play Big Dig.
Bashing your head against a wall for an hour is both more productive *and* more fun than Big Dig...

IMHO anyway.