Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
03-02-2012, 07:28 PM
But what If I slingshot around a sun sending me back in time? Will the particles go with me and blow up the past?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
03-03-2012, 01:27 AM
The obvious solution would be to somehow make a conical warp bubble to minimize the amout of particle collection.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
03-03-2012, 01:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierrafortune
But what If I slingshot around a sun sending me back in time? Will the particles go with me and blow up the past?
We call that maneuver the Big Bang.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
03-03-2012, 01:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ertwin View Post
The obvious solution would be to somehow make a conical warp bubble to minimize the amout of particle collection.
It isn't just particles with mass that are affected. it's also massless stuff, e.g. photons. And it will be hard to create a shape that doesn't get hit by light from some of the countless stars in the universe...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
03-03-2012, 01:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
We call that maneuver the Big Bang.
Bah... *takes off Big Bang Theory* I hoped nobody would notice.
Chilly.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
It isn't just particles with mass that are affected. it's also massless stuff, e.g. photons. And it will be hard to create a shape that doesn't get hit by light from some of the countless stars in the universe...
I'm still blaming all that energy built up from the momentum is factor as well. Shockwave and all that. *throws some anvils* Weee.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:28 PM.