Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Fleetyards
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
03-03-2012, 04:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voodooinu
What i did was spend the free ship point on the K't'inga Battle Cruiser. Im just looking for the best skills to have to keep my shields up while doing some damage. I have never played engi before so i guess im just looking for some input on my BO skills. Engi Team one? Emergency power to shields? Things of that nature. Seems like im asking a lot but after i get started on a good path im sure ill be able to find my way. Just really looking for a starting point with and engi battle cruiser setup.
Thanks guys for all your help so far.
I've found my K't'inga as an engineer survived brutal attacks with this set up.

Tac Lieutenant: Tactical Team 1, Cannon Rapid Fire 1 (or somethign appropriate to which weapons you're using)
Eng Lieutenant Commander: Emergency to Shields 1, Reverse shield polarity 1, Aux to Structural 2
Ensign Engineer: Emergency to shields 1
Lieutenant Science: Transfer shield strength 1 OR Science Team 1, Hazard Emitters 2

I ran it with four DHC up front, two turrets at the back, that way every weapon's buffed by CRF1, and you can lay down brutal firepower in your forward arc. You've also got enough powers to keep your buddies alive. With the +1 version you've got an extra lieutenant slot, an eng team in that would make it very tanky. You can use aux2ID insead of the aux2sif and throw the ship around more, or use RSP2 ther an Aux2ID 1 etc. It's pretty flexible, and you can set it up like a fed cruiser weapons wise, but you're missing out on some serious damage dealing, it's not unsual for me to outdamage an entire pug-team with DHC/turret setup. The achilles heal of it is tractor beams etc though, as you can't slot attack pattern omega, and polarize hull would interfere with it's survivability.