Lt. Commander
Even though the game focuses mainly on the Federation and Klingon race. The game completely neglects the possibility of a much wider window of game use. The Romulans for one are playing a big role in the history of Star Trek as we speak. The Empire has fallen, the Romulan people seek revenge, and Remens have negotiated in the past for Klingon help. STO could easily give us a two sided campaign to be a Romulan or a Remen. To be a Romulan... your mission could go in several ways. one you seek to crush the Federation for there lack of help to save Romulas, you could take up a political spot and attempt to bring the Romulans back to power through talks rather then war. As with the Remens... much the same only leaning in on a Klingon alliance. The same can be done with Cardassians and Jim Hadar.

I feel that haveing several governments involved in STO would strike a more desirable PvP challenge and introduce perhaps a new form of Fleet action. Perhaps the chance to take up Fleet wars and clame your fleets place in space (Any of you that play World of Tanks should know what Im talking about... CLAN WARS) Is if STO had a way where fleets could fight for there space... the game would take on a hole lot more.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-03-2012, 09:07 AM
The devs have said any additional factions (romulan, cardassian, etc) have to wait until the klingons have a complete 1-50 story. As for fleet battles and whatnot if i recall correctly that is a goal for season 6 or 7
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-03-2012, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frontline2042
The devs have said any additional factions (romulan, cardassian, etc) have to wait until the klingons have a complete 1-50 story. As for fleet battles and whatnot if i recall correctly that is a goal for season 6 or 7
I my self would like to play all those races, Even a Ferangee would be cool. Cardassians being the top one, Romulans and Remens would be most logical in my eyes to be first to be placed as a first line update to your campaign list.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-03-2012, 09:37 AM
Romulans definitely sound like they're coming next, but it doesn't sound like that will be anytime soon. They're adamant about making the KDF a full faction, with more missions and decent progression from level 1-50 before they add any others.

I also wouldn't expect any kind of Romulan/Remen faction split. Remems would likely just be a different species you would be able to select for playing through the Romulan campaign. Otherwise you're asking for two completely separate and new campaigns, when so far they've failed at even adding one.

Hopefully with the Perfect World and F2P change over complete, and the fact they're making so much money from these grab bags, we'll start to see a more steady stream of content coming to the game though.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-03-2012, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterSnowblind View Post
Romulans definitely sound like they're coming next, but it doesn't sound like that will be anytime soon. They're adamant about making the KDF a full faction, with more missions and decent progression from level 1-50 before they add any others.

I also wouldn't expect any kind of Romulan/Remen faction split. Remems would likely just be a different species you would be able to select for playing through the Romulan campaign. Otherwise you're asking for two completely separate and new campaigns, when so far they've failed at even adding one.

Hopefully with the Perfect World and F2P change over complete, and the fact they're making so much money from these grab bags, we'll start to see a more steady stream of content coming to the game though.
not to mention, the remans fly pretty much the same ships as the romulans, with a different paintjob as one might say.

It's also why we likely wont see the Terran Empire unless STO comes out with an expansion that covers every race in the mirror universe..... if they wanted to go the City of heros/villans route anyway. sticking the Terran empire in the "prime universe" as in in the STO setting as player faction wouldnt make sense, however, if they had the option to play in the mirror universe, it would be more interesting.

though this would basically mean doubling the current content of the game to work in the TE.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-03-2012, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven247666Terok
... The same can be done with Cardassians and Jim Hadar..
... who is this Jim Hadar, and why would he help the Cardassians with anything?

Sorry, I know what is meant there, but I just couldn't help chuckling for a minute or two at it.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-03-2012, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT01 View Post
... who is this Jim Hadar, and why would he help the Cardassians with anything?

Sorry, I know what is meant there, but I just couldn't help chuckling for a minute or two at it.
Jim Hadar ...

Apparently he's the Dominions connection for their Jerseys, Socks and Jocks...

:p
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-03-2012, 11:21 AM
Unfortunately there isnt even an ETA on when the KDF will be finished, and that is required before we see Rom, Card, or any other faction.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-03-2012, 11:23 AM
I would love to see a Cardassian faction, hell I would love to see a bunch of factions and people have been hoping for it since early access.

The problem is the dev team has to be realistic about what they can achieve and to offer some compromises in the mean time. It has been 2 years and we still don't have a full KDF faction. In many many ways the KDF is a joke with very few of the options the feds have even taking into consideration starting at level 20.

There is no reasonable way that a Romulan, Cardassian or Jem Hadar faction will be implamented into the game this year, at least not with full content. As such the C-store needs to be expanded to bring these other species into the game rather than having to go through the alien creator. Perhaps in the future species specific quests may come in, as it stands the best I can see happening is the a Cardassian Fed officer might be contacted by the Obsidean order and offered the chance to spy on the feds for the Cardassians or some such. Cause while I would prefer a full Cardassian, Romulan or Jem Hadar faction its been 2 years and the KDF is still a long way from a starting faction and they started out with content. How many years will it be before we see a 3rd faction.

And when the 3rd faction comes in that will be great but lets not hold off on additional playable species that don't have to be knocked up with the alien creator cause 4 years from now we may have a Cardassian faction.