Lt. Commander
# 1 Costomizable bridge officers
03-03-2012, 12:56 PM
I love that we get "special" officers as a reward for some missions but it's silly that we can't customize them. I have been playing since beta and I have a bridge that looks like the wormhole aliens are talking to me every time I enter it since everyone is wearing a different outfit. I love customization and Cryptic in most ways sets the bar it's just strange that I can't place these characters in different uniforms.

The only thing I have found is that if you place the armor they're wearing to "visuals on" it changes their pants. So everyone can have shiny skinny jeans lol. It would be more fun to have access to all of our costumes.

I'm curious if I'm the only one that regrets not having these option in the game?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-03-2012, 01:02 PM
I think it makes some sense for the Breen since that MIGHT be an environmental suit and the KA Borg doesn't look like he'd take to a uniform very easily but I think the others (diplo/marauding reward, Reman, Jem'Hadar) could use this and it will become a must when and if we can promote them to Captain.

I would at least like the option to pick a combadge for all of them, though, even if everything else is locked. There's a precedent for exchange officers and provisional officers not wearing uniforms but they wore combadges on the shows in all but one instance, including people like Garak who were pulled in for just one assignment.

Look back. Wesley, Nog, Neelix, Kes, that exchange officer Klingon guy who was working for the Romulans. Most of them DIDN'T wear a uniform but 99% of the time, they at least wore a combadge.