Lt. Commander
Obviously many people say that the KDF is missing a lot compared to the Feds. Other than missions though I feel that the KDF has grown stagnant in two key areas where the feds have grown over the last two years.

1) Playable species (this is ever so painfully apparent in the female section of the KDF)
2) Ship interiors and bridge styles.

Obviously plyable species is a big one. Small additions would be nice to bring some new faces to the empire, even if they're just female nausicans or lethians. I'd like to see some minor races chose to side with the Empire. I remeber in the Star Trek Titan book series they made it seem like the Remans were allies with the Empire so something similar to that (not that exact example) would work.

As for ship interiors. So far the feds have the default interior, the TOS interior, and now a Difiant interior.

As the KDF you have 4 distinct exterior types. Klingon (which we have that interior), Nausican, Gorn, and Orion. I tend to fly Orion ships, but what bugs me constantly is that the interior of my Orion ship looks like a klingon ship. I would love it if the racial ships also came with a preset racial interior.

These are just some thoughts. I know that cryptic dosn't throw a lot of $$$ at the KDF because its like 10-20% of the players but in my mind if their isn't anything to attract people to the KDF then no one will ever come.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-29-2012, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yavin_Prime View Post
As for ship interiors. So far the feds have the default interior, the TOS interior, and now a Difiant interior.

As the KDF you have 4 distinct exterior types. Klingon (which we have that interior), Nausican, Gorn, and Orion. I tend to fly Orion ships, but what bugs me constantly is that the interior of my Orion ship looks like a klingon ship. I would love it if the racial ships also came with a preset racial interior.
Agreed. I'm not sure the Nausicans need their own distinct interior as I don't think they are really a major race in canon, but Gorn and Orion options would be awesome. They are very different races from the Klingons, they have long histories apart from the KDF, and their interiors would reflect that. I don't believe there are solid canon references to go by, but that just gives Cryptic room to be creative.

I would think that the Gorn would tend toward bright light and might favor greens, shades of brown, and yellows. The Orions would possibly have an ornate pirate motif going and I'd expect to see areas of light and shadow.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-02-2012, 10:10 AM
Ship interiors? So you can enjoy the view while you...walk to the transporter room to get your shuttle?
More species? So you can do the same thing a thousand times...while looking different?
I would say the main thing to grow the KDF would be MORE KDF MISSIONS.
1 story arc mission is all we have.
For 2 years the KDF had suffered in the huge lack of missions while constant promises have been made, and forgotten, to develop more missions "soon".
I want 'soon" to become "now".
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-02-2012, 12:56 PM
People talk about adding another faction. We don't need a third faction at this point much less a Romulan faction. As the Klingon faction as a whole has less content, options, ships, races, et al--and given the fact that: Strong history between the House of Duras and the Romulan Star Empire; J'mpok slays Martok and assumes role of Chancellor then restores House of Duras. It would have been easy for Cryptic to incorporate Romulans into the Klingon faction as the Empire is being led by Romulan collaborators and sympathizers. This would then give the Klingon faction two more races, more capital and support ships and more content.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-02-2012, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yavin_Prime View Post
I know that cryptic dosn't throw a lot of $$$ at the KDF because its like 10-20% of the players but in my mind if their isn't anything to attract people to the KDF then no one will ever come.
The reason the KDF population is this small is because Cryptic made them Alts. You must play through a Federation captain first just to make a Klingon character. All because they were lazy and didn't want to spend the resources on KDF content. We've all heard the "people won't play it" line. People can't play what doesn't exist. You create it and give people the option of what they want to play rather than forcing them down a path due to the lack of options.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-02-2012, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucianalliance View Post
The reason the KDF population is this small is because Cryptic made them Alts. You must play through a Federation captain first just to make a Klingon character. All because they were lazy and didn't want to spend the resources on KDF content. We've all heard the "people won't play it" line. People can't play what doesn't exist. You create it and give people the option of what they want to play rather than forcing them down a path due to the lack of options.
Very true , I have recently had two friends join due to F2P and they where very deflated to hear its 25 to fed first then KDF with little content to 50.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-02-2012, 01:54 PM
Quote:
... Cryptic to incorporate Romulans into the Klingon faction as the Empire is being led by Romulan collaborators and sympathizers. This would then give the Klingon faction two more races, more capital and support ships and more content.
You mean... roll the romulan empire into the KDF?

I haven't thought of it that way. You know, that could actually work. I like it.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-02-2012, 04:16 PM
No, Romulans are Romulans and Klingons are Klingons ... its bad enough the Klingon faction looks even more multicultural that the Federation without having to add Romulans to the mix.

What Klingon needs as a faction is missions about the Klingon Empire and start to move the other races into their own specific sub-missions because its really bad seeing a Orion and a Klingon being treated and acting the same, they are not.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-02-2012, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron
No, Romulans are Romulans and Klingons are Klingons ... its bad enough the Klingon faction looks even more multicultural that the Federation without having to add Romulans to the mix.

What Klingon needs as a faction is missions about the Klingon Empire and start to move the other races into their own specific sub-missions because its really bad seeing a Orion and a Klingon being treated and acting the same, they are not.
Agreed..

Martok said it best - "We are Klingons, Worf. We don't embrace other cultures, we conquer them!"
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-03-2012, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
... I would think that the Gorn would tend toward bright light and might favor greens, shades of brown, and yellows. The Orions would possibly have an ornate pirate motif going and I'd expect to see areas of light and shadow.
Well there are a couple cannon shots of Orion ship interiors.
Here's the bridge and a meeting room.
It's browns and greens with sort of a pirate meets Arab trader motif.

Quote:
I have to agree. I think the long wait from start until you unlock a KDF alt is a huge hurdle to getting new people into the Empire. After putting in that much time you're more likely to just stay with your first character than to want to switch to a new character.