Lt. Commander
# 11
03-03-2012, 02:51 PM
i wouldn't say its unloved, theres more versions of it then there are of anything else. to bad they all basically suck. your stats are the right idea, and your right that the ship is the most powerful cannon starfleet vessel, but we don't want to make it overpowered in game. its station setup should be this

COM engineering
LTC engineering
Lt universal
Lt universal
ens universal

the ship is extremely modular, this station setup shows that, without going overboard with a universal LTC station, and crippling it's ability to be a cruiser like the crappy odyssey setup gave us. all cruisers should also get +2 to their base turn rates, so the galaxy would end up with 8. the 9th console should stay science, unless you slot more tactical stations then science stations in the universals

same for the galaxy X too, only it always has the 3rd tactical console, and one of the universal LT stations becomes a tactical station. its built to be tactical, its bound to have given up some inherent galaxy class flexibility for that.

REALLY wondering what this galaxy ship is on the march calendar...
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-03-2012, 05:06 PM
i reckon that Galaxy pack is simply going to be the Galaxy-x with saucer sep.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-03-2012, 09:27 PM
Ok this topic about the galaxy is interesting.

As it is for any one wondering about the non seperating galaxy class. Clearly that the non seperating galaxy class looks to me like it's a non separating prototype variation of the galaxy class that the federation put into service and into production.

In my opinion the non separating galaxy class should of been the ambassador class would of made so much more sense.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-03-2012, 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignii
Ok this topic about the galaxy is interesting.

As it is for any one wondering about the non seperating galaxy class. Clearly that the non seperating galaxy class looks to me like it's a non separating prototype variation of the galaxy class that the federation put into service and into production.

In my opinion the non separating galaxy class should of been the ambassador class would of made so much more sense.
it should never have been at tier 4 at all, ambassador replacing galaxy at tier 4 with a tier 5 refit would be best