Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
03-04-2012, 04:36 PM
I read about it and it sounds pretty good. They said it's more than just action. It has some co op game play and players have to work together. Like one part Kirk is wounded and Spock is carrying him and the Kirk player shoots. I'm sure I will play it but I don't know how good it will be.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
03-04-2012, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardassianNinja View Post
http://www.subspacecomms.com/content...rek-video-game

??

Haven't heard about this...

Edit-I'm sorry I meant for this to be in ten forward-please move it if someone is monitoring. Sorry about that.
I remember seeing screen shots of the upcoming JJ verse game...pretty much the same type of COD and Halo gameplay...well probably not as good, but something close to it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
03-04-2012, 04:49 PM
I have no problems with a new JJ-Trek video game. Video games tend to go hand-in-hand with movies now. I've played several like the Ironman and Captain America games. Most of them aren't all the great, and can be completed in only a few days.

I also played ST: IS several times and found it to be an uninspiring top-down shooter. I'm glad it's on indefinite hold.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
03-04-2012, 04:49 PM
I was looking forward to infinite space
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
03-04-2012, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardassianNinja View Post
http://www.subspacecomms.com/content...rek-video-game

??

Haven't heard about this...

Edit-I'm sorry I meant for this to be in ten forward-please move it if someone is monitoring. Sorry about that.
The game was anounced at 2011 E3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
I remember seeing screen shots of the upcoming JJ verse game...pretty much the same type of COD and Halo gameplay...well probably not as good, but something close to it.
It was said to play more as a co-op game like gears of war (co-op is needed to be successful) and feel like the mass effect series as a shooter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
I also played ST: IS several times and found it to be an uninspiring top-down shooter. I'm glad it's on indefinite hold.
Where did you get the chance to play Star Trek Infinite space? I was rather looking forward to that game I was thinking it would be more fun as waste time and have fun, not like STO where you have to have it installed and be ready to spend a couple hours to get work done and have fun.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
03-04-2012, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtSmith
Where did you get the chance to play Star Trek Infinite space? I was rather looking forward to that game I was thinking it would be more fun as waste time and have fun, not like STO where you have to have it installed and be ready to spend a couple hours to get work done and have fun.
Honestly, I always felt the top shooter format was perfect for an iPad app. I think if they would have gone that route instead of the F2P online route that it would have had more success at launch.

But, just like Perpetual's STO, any game that didn't launch doesn't actually exist.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
03-04-2012, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtSmith
Where did you get the chance to play Star Trek Infinite space? I was rather looking forward to that game I was thinking it would be more fun as waste time and have fun, not like STO where you have to have it installed and be ready to spend a couple hours to get work done and have fun.
One of my friends was a Alpha-tester - the same guy that spent a year playtesting SWTOR. I'd go over to his house and play those game all the time. And he comes to my house when I'm playtesting. He's a big WoW player so he was at my house all the time when I spent 6 months playtesting Cataclysm.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
03-04-2012, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardassianNinja View Post
I meant the game itself. I would've thought a new trek game would get a lot of talk here. Therefore, I hadn't heard about it and thought it was a prank article to get a nerd rage reaction from the trek fans who hate the jj universe.
There was a thread about it last year. The general reaction was "Meh." The JJ-verse doesn't get the best approval on this forum to start with, but if I remember right, somebody trotted a list of the developer's past shooters and it was a litany of derivative mediocrity, so it was really hard to get excited about.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
03-05-2012, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
One of my friends was a Alpha-tester - the same guy that spent a year playtesting SWTOR. I'd go over to his house and play those game all the time. And he comes to my house when I'm playtesting. He's a big WoW player so he was at my house all the time when I spent 6 months playtesting Cataclysm.
Oh I had been signed up for the testing of ST:IS since they first announced you could, but was never selected.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:43 AM.