Lt. Commander
# 1 "Everything Old Is New"
02-25-2012, 11:42 AM
I'm replaying this mission to get the Fed accolade, and there's a part I cannot avoid combat. Right before meeting McCoy there's a security team that stops you and you're supposed to have the option of Diplomacy (telling them you're the security team and your clothes are different and all that), but I only have the option to Attack.

I've tried replaying this multiple times now, and every time I get stuck on this part, unable to talk to the security team. It only gives me the Attack option.

Is it because I keep locking a previous security team in a room? Is that making them hostile?

http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/8388/onlyattack.jpg, supposed to be a Diplomacy option in there.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-25-2012, 11:56 AM
You need to do Duty-Officer Missions in Diplomacy and Reach Rank.. 3 i think, to have the option for diplomatic avoidance of this security-encounter. But It can be also only Rank 2 you need. Not sure, because I have played it through without problem in Diplomatic talking out myself. But was already at Rank 3,
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-25-2012, 12:39 PM
Well I'm rank 2 in diplomacy and not getting the option. If I have to wait till 3 I'll wait, I'm not that far from it now.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-25-2012, 06:39 PM
I just played through this mission for the first time, and I'd heard that you wre supposed to be able to talk your way out of some of the fights. The only people I was able to talk to were the first Lt who finds you in the lowest level, and the woman working on a station where it gives you the option to talk or knock her out. I wondered what I was doing wrong! XD
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-04-2012, 12:40 PM
I am stuck at the point of helping bones. after doing all else and trying to do the stimulator for him i chose all available options but nothing works

most i try
70 at rest
30 at action
then all of the other 4 next options

i have tried other rest and alert states but still nothing in completing this part

can anyone help?
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-04-2012, 04:30 PM
Wiki walkthrough http://www.stowiki.org/Mission:_Ever...ew/Walkthrough says

[spoiler]You must now calibrate a cortical stimulator based upon your research:

Set the voltage for the resting potential to -70mV
Set the voltage for the action potential to +30mV
Set the sodium-potassium channel states to sodium external, potassium external and internal.[/spoiler]

and unfortunately those tags don't work here.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-04-2012, 08:28 PM
To the OP: If you're still trying to get the accolade, try this. When the option comes up to talk to final group, either minimize the dialogue screen (top right corner) or just keep moving. (you can change your settings to keep moving during dialogue). This will give you a few extra seconds to get to the console. All you have to do is reach the console and activate it (it may take several tries) If you are playing as an engy, try to put up your shield between you and the security team while you're at the console. Even if you get zapped after you've activated the turbolifts, you can then rez and proceed to the lifts. Also (you are probably aware of this by now since you trying for accolade) to have your team set on passive. Don't give up! I"ve used this every time at least once to get the accolade on all my toons and been successful.