Lt. Commander
# 511
03-03-2012, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vizmu View Post

Back OT:
Personally I still use the Mk xi AP DHC [crtd]x2 [dmg] for both pvp and pve.
Imo in stf's getting 10k+ crits on a regular basis > 7.5% chance to do 1k radiation damage on a weapon that hardly shoots enough to proc.
But keep in mind I'm using 4x DHC's/all turrets. I run 0 torps. ->Increases the chance for big nasty +70% severity cannon crits.
What ship are you using? I've toyed with the idea of a cannon boat. I tried it for a short while. But, I'm in a Defiant-R. If I don't have a torpedo launcher I've got a tac ensign sitting on his hands.
Lt. Commander
# 512
03-03-2012, 01:46 PM
Vizmu, care to post your full layout, and maybe even your skills? I'm pushing ~7k full buffs with MK XII AP DHC's.
Lt. Commander
# 513
03-03-2012, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake81499 View Post
Your link goes to super redbellies feeding.
Yes, it does.

It was a joke.
Lt. Commander
# 514
03-03-2012, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakite View Post
Vizmu, care to post your full layout, and maybe even your skills? I'm pushing ~7k full buffs with MK XII AP DHC's.
I'd be curious to see that as well. I could see 8k DPS with four cannons, but not sure how to get more.
Lt. Commander
# 515
03-04-2012, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bringram View Post
What ship are you using? I've toyed with the idea of a cannon boat. I tried it for a short while. But, I'm in a Defiant-R. If I don't have a torpedo launcher I've got a tac ensign sitting on his hands.
For my tactical toons - fed side I run the defiant r, klink side I fly a bop.
I've yet to find anything to put in that defiant ensign slot lol. Franky I think it should be a universal slot...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakite View Post
There's nothing all that special about my setup. And I often swap BO's depending on who joins the pug elite stf.
Since I also pvp my setup is for single target damage. I run 0 aoe skills. Plus I'm never able to play during prime time. So the queue's are small and I'm lucky to get 1 additional dps'er with a decent build. Eg. I pull absurd agro with csv.

My ideal max distance is 3km.
4x Antiproton dual heavy cannons [CrtD]x2 [Dmg]
All Antiproton turrets, either [Borg]/stf or [CrtH]x2 [Dmg]/pvp
All +26 Tactical Antiproton mag regulators
Universal assimilated module

If I need to help others with dps I run something similar to this:
Commander Tactical station: Tactical team 1, Attack pattern delta 1, Rapid fire 2, Rapid fire 3
LT Commander Tac Station: Tactical team 1, Attack pattern delta 1, Attack pattern Beta 2

With omega:
Commander Tactical station: Tactical team 1, Attack pattern delta 1, Rapid fire 2, Omega 3
LT Commander Tac Station: Tactical team 1, Attack pattern delta 1, Rapid fire 2
Tbh I rarely run omega anymore. Rapid 3 has half the cool down and offers +50% damage.
I find debuffing far more helpful when grouped with fairly low dps beam boats.

STF Skills, I kinda blew thru this. Sorry If I missed something lol...
http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...ld=randomstf_0
The above build gives me more than 125 weapons power. Since they patched the "buffer" I take that additional power and toss it over to shields.
Higher shield power = more shield resists. So when needed stacking those resists with epts, tss, distro shields and a tac team =

My bop setup is a bit different due to the universal bo layout and having only 4 bo's total.
And when not running stf's I spec into threat control for the damage resistance buff.

As for crits the Antiproton dual heavy cannons [CrtD]x2 [Dmg] = +70% crit severity by default.
Alpha 3 = + 50% crit severity, +50% damage, +5% crit chance.
Skill - Energy weapon specialization adds to crit and crit severity - When looking at Ship Status/Attack the default crit severity reads +50.0%.
The Universal assimilated module @ +9.2% Critical Severity brings this default from 50% up to 59.1%.
When hitting alpha the default goes from 59.1 to 108.8% crit severity. So stacking alpha plus the default severity seemingly looses almost nothing, or very very little.
Stack that 108% with the [CrtD]x2 +70% while hitting a debuffed target and you're looking as some big crit numbers.

Note:
In Ship Status/Attack the numbers aren't affected by the +70% received from the [CrtD]x2 AP DHC's because its a per weapon only buff.
Rapid 3 = +50% damage but drops crit severity down to +60% when highlighting a DHC on the toolbar.
But alternating between rapid 3 @+50% dmg and Rapid 2 @+40% dmg every 15 seconds is well worth -10% crit severity.

For my single target alpha strike I stack all below:
Alpha 3, Tactical Fleet 2, Go down Fighting, Rapid fire 3, Tactical team 1.
Once the target shoots at me I hit Beta 2 or delta 1. If its a priority target I'll toss on fire on my mark as well.

As I said this build is nothing special and is all single target based.
But when firing from close range 3km or less +debuffing the target +stacking tactical buffs +[Crtd]x2 I get insane hull hits and crazy crits.

I know many here are hooked on CSV and torps, that's fine. I have nothing against torps, they just don't fit my playstyle.
Due to my work schedule severely limiting the time of day I'm able to play I'm often the only dps'er. Thus in elite pugs if I open up with a buffed CSV I pull more agro than I can deal with. -Which quickly becomes counter productive.
Lt. Commander
# 516
03-04-2012, 02:01 PM
So with the advent of the Jem'hadar Bridge officer being available with Torpedo Spread 3 (which you can get two copies of by replaying twice, using the first Jem'hadar to train a BO with Torp Spread 3, then keeping the second Jem'Hadar for your crew), I decided to try running a new BO layout:

Cmdr Tac BO: Tac Team 1, Scatter Volley 1, Torp Spread 3, Beta 3
Lt. Cmdr Tac: Tac Team 1, Scatter Volley 1, Torp Spread 3

I tested it out a bit last night, and I do like the huge hits from Spread 3 and torps flying everywhere

I'm contemplating testing a new Forward weapon layout with this, one that I used to run albiet updated:

Forward Weapons: Quad Canons, Dual Phaser Canons MK XII (NOT HEAVY!), 2x Quantum Torpedo MK XII
Rear Weapons: 3x Phaser Turrets MK XII

I used to run setup (albeit with MK XI equipment and not the quad cannons but two normal dual canons) back when torpedos had a shared global cooldown of 3 seconds and Dual Canons also had a shared cooldown meaning you couldn't run more than two Dual Normals without causing firing issues. It used to work well because of the cooldown timing, keeping the canons and torpedos firing in a constant stream which kept shields down and kept you hitting the hull with High Yield Torpedos for HUGE critical hits.

I'm going to test it a little today, but I don't have the Prototype salvage yet for another Quantum and Dual Canon, but I'll try it with MK XI equivalents.
Lt. Commander
# 517
03-04-2012, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kostamojen View Post
So with the advent of the Jem'hadar Bridge officer being available with Torpedo Spread 3 (which you can get two copies of by replaying twice, using the first Jem'hadar to train a BO with Torp Spread 3, then keeping the second Jem'Hadar for your crew), I decided to try running a new BO layout:

I tested it out a bit last night, and I do like the huge hits from Spread 3 and torps flying everywhere

I'm contemplating testing a new Forward weapon layout with this, one that I used to run albiet updated:

Forward Weapons: Quad Canons, Dual Phaser Canons MK XII (NOT HEAVY!), 2x Quantum Torpedo MK XII

I used to run setup (albeit with MK XI equipment and not the quad cannons but two normal dual canons) back when torpedos had a shared global cooldown of 3 seconds and Dual Canons also had a shared cooldown meaning you couldn't run more than two Dual Normals without causing firing issues. It used to work well because of the cooldown timing, keeping the canons and torpedos firing in a constant stream which kept shields down and kept you hitting the hull with High Yield Torpedos for HUGE critical hits.

I'm going to test it a little today, but I don't have the Prototype salvage yet for another Quantum and Dual Canon, but I'll try it with MK XI equivalents.
I am very curious to see how this turns out. I noticed though that you said "NOT HEAVY." Is there a reason not to use DHCs? I thought they had the most DPS or do the dual cannons have a higher firing rate= more DPS?
Lt. Commander
# 518
03-04-2012, 04:51 PM
Quote:

Alright, this test was a TOTAL FAILURE.

Well not total, its still more effective than a crap mixed beam setup that people use, but the fact that the Dual Normal Cannons fire simultaneously and the 2x Quantums fire one right after the other makes this setup just not work like it used to. Damage is WAY down compared to 3x Heavy Canons, 1x Quantum.

However...

Quote:
Is a VERY successful Bridge Officer layout!

Torpedo Spread 3 is damn powerful and very much worth using. If you don't like to use TWO torpedo skills, you can swap out one for Omega 1 instead (which is required with the Defiant Refit anyway, and use a second Torpedo Spread 1 skill).

I find that Torp Spread 3 does significantly more damage to targets, and how it hits even more targets is especially useful at times. I would recommend swapping out Scatter Volley 2 and Torp Spread 2 for Scatter Volley 1 and Torp Spread 3 for sure.
Lt. Commander
# 519
03-04-2012, 06:18 PM
How can an engineer get APB 3? Are there any BOFFs on the exchange that would have it?
Lt. Commander
# 520
03-04-2012, 08:17 PM
Quote:
I find that Torp Spread 3 does significantly more damage to targets, and how it hits even more targets is especially useful at times. I would recommend swapping out Scatter Volley 2 and Torp Spread 2 for Scatter Volley 1 and Torp Spread 3 for sure.
I've been looking for TS3. Any idea which BO's will have it?

Edit>>>

Never mind, found one. It was an Alien Tactical in Very rare.