Lt. Commander
# 21
03-04-2012, 10:40 PM
You know, I also support the addition of any kind of PvP maps as well, be it GROUND or SPACE.

Here is the thing STO needs. It just needs some well designed objective based PvP.

New capture and hold maps for Space, along with a few defend and attack styles.

It needs some maps with HUGE asteroid fields that can offer natural defense for ships to fly around and have skirmishes in. It needs some neat anomalies like nebula that you can accidentally veer into that knock out your sensors... or shields! Make things interesting you know.

Ground PvP could do wonders with some form of capture the flag, or a capture and hold mode as well on some new redone or well designed maps.

However, the biggest thing this game needs with all those additons is a POINT TO PVP in the first place. In other words, make a special reward for winning.. and I mean in a way that the STFs are. People can grind PvP to get better gear in much the same way PvE players can grind there way for gear. The game needs PvP sets.. and it needs to have merit points(FED) Honor points(KDF). Some kind of system to determine this. It needs to have certain rules in the maps that allow for no spawn camping. It needs a lot of work.. but truth be told.. NONE of these things are remotely difficult to implement into this game.

This game saddens me because it has some of THE BEST potential to have a great PvP side to it over most other MMOs out there. It really truly does. It has a ripe universe and story to make it all happen in. Has a multitude of depth and builds with different ships and relies heavy on skill of player.

Its amazing what can be done with territory controls and just flat out neutral zone open encounters in this game.. It really baffles me that they haven't tapped into the potential of this game. They are on a PvP goldmine with this game.

Anyhow..about the new possible facility map. If it's true it will most likely be a MUCH polished version of PvP and kind of a preview where they want to take things in the next season and beyond.

It's probably going to be a form of King of the Hill like they were saying for so long.. and I'm sure it will have some cool objectives that really make it stand out. Much like the featured episodes completely blowing away the existing episodes.. I believe Cryptic will use this oppurtunity to give a good preview.

That's just how I feel.. If I were Cryptic.. that's what I would do
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-05-2012, 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik
It makes sense... make it so!

(ofc it would need an objective system and not just a first team to X kills wins overhead...)
I'm thinking a capture and hold. Klingons attempt to capture the control points in front of the prisoner blocks, and if they do, the prisoners are released. Maybe they get a bonus to the next capture point as more prisoner blocks are opened up, cause I've noticed the final control points in TF2 matches are almost instant if you've got two or three people on them.

Of course, something would have to be thought of for the other way around, as I doubt Federation would enjoy playing defense 100% of the time, but them releasing prisoners from a Starfleet facility doesn't make any sense.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-05-2012, 12:53 AM
il just add my previus post here.

Our current ground pvp maps consists of kill X people.

But with this new ground map we got new possibilitys.

Let 1 team act as defenders, working to stop the attacking team from taking the base.

Let the 2nd team act as attackers, thire objective is to disable the base. by reaching certain keypoints across the map before they can continue to the next one.

During your progression on the map you could add bonuses for holding certain points of the map.
for example. holding a controll room would give you turrets in that zone that would fight for you.

I think it could be a great pvp map if it had some added objectives and functionality.
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-05-2012, 03:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felderburg View Post
Maybe they're trying to drum up popularity for GPvP?
Its more likely that in there mind releasing such maps looks good on their personal resumes...... lol Ground Unless you want to get a job elsewhere I would imagine.
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-05-2012, 04:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deano65 View Post
Typical ground pvp get's a map n space pvp get's NOTHING as usual c'mon cryptic u can do better than this SURELY ?
You got the nubomegaset for space PvP its owning so play with it + the another couple of cheese skills.
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-05-2012, 05:38 AM
Actually, I'm not sure what good a new space map would be unless it had different mechanics. I mean, everyone ends up pressed against the ceiling anyway - who cares what the rocks beneath you look like?

Maybe for C&H...
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-05-2012, 05:47 AM
Return of Space assault.

And they could fix that stupid spiraling crap if they'd lower the ceiling. We don't have a real Z axis anyway so why not?
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-05-2012, 06:10 AM
Yeah, I forgot about the old assault maps. I'm still not sure why they dropped those, except that noone played them because they were so far down the list.
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-05-2012, 07:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
Yeah, I forgot about the old assault maps. I'm still not sure why they dropped those, except that noone played them because they were so far down the list.
I really wonder what happened to it. It was, to my knowledge, never stated why it was removed. I am not even sure it was _confirmed_ to be removed at any point. It was just gone. Never to be seen again.

Almost as if snix travelled back in time and erased it, and only those of us caught in a chroniton field still remember the old timeline. And of course, every PvPer was caught at least once in Chroniton Minespam, so we're naturally resistant.

Also, a new CnH map would be brilliant. Any new game mode would of course be. A new arena - well, it's a token effort to add PvP content. Not much more, unfortunately.
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-05-2012, 07:38 AM
If that arena had a limited ceiling it wouldn't be

I would love a new assault or CNH map. Providing they make it so that points get flipped in a timely fashion. 30 seconds should be the flip timer for a point. Not 90.