Lt. Commander
So I just hit lvl 40 on my Tac captain and am looking for a ship thats a keeper that I wont regret and have to save up dilithium.

Lower level I liked the BOPs for their battle cloak, but I hated how in both higher difficulty missions and mild PVP I couldnt seem to hold my own without help. Running and cloaking was useful, but I never could stay in a fight and win it without a struggle.

Lvl 30 I went with a Vorcha to see what the beefier ships were like. I wanted to keep the DHC playstyle while holding my own. It was definitely a improvement and I was actually able to handle fed attention without being gibbed.

Lvl 40 My choices are mostly narrowed down to the Raptor or the Vorcha Retrofit. The BOP is still under consideration, but that 1 less BOFF slot and squishiness scares me. The goal is I want to survive well in PVP sometimes for fun, but I STILL want to primarily do STFs. Im mainly worried that since im Tac I wont have access to all the best Commander Engineer BOFF abilitys.

TLDR: Can I get Vorcha retro and do DHCs with it while being useful in STFs? Or will I not be able to make full use as a Tac captain and need to be Raptor or BOP for STFs?

Thank you for your time and sorry for the long post.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-03-2012, 07:41 PM
I guess all those ships can be effectice if set up right. And donīt feel limited by training options, you can let other Captains train your Boffs in high level engineering skills.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-03-2012, 09:47 PM
I use a k'tinga in STF's. At least until I grind out enough dilithium.

That said, I would go with the BoP for the universal Boffs. But I'm BoP biased.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-04-2012, 04:21 PM
I myself fly a Vor'cha retrofit as tac captain, its a deadly ship that can hold its own. With a carefull setup you can make good use of DHCs, more so in PvE then PvP but it can work. you can find my build in the PvP section in the worthwhile cruiser post.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-05-2012, 08:28 AM
Spend the $20 and get a Gumba. I using that for all of my Kings at this point.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-05-2012, 01:08 PM
I find anything with less than 15 turnspeed to be painful, but I didn't want to be too squishy, so I went raptor. And I don't regret it.

Siege Destroyer would also be good, but I've already dumpted $110 on this game in less than a month so I'm trying to exercise more restraint.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-05-2012, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corgatag
I find anything with less than 15 turnspeed to be painful, but I didn't want to be too squishy, so I went raptor. And I don't regret it.
Well, my vor'cha has a turnrate between 20 and 40 depending on consoles and buffs running
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-05-2012, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idali
Well, my vor'cha has a turnrate between 20 and 40 depending on consoles and buffs running
Yes, I suppose if you slot all RCS consoles and Conn Duty Officers, maybe it'll be bearable.

That said, you lose a lot of tactical boff powers and consoles by picking Vor'cha over Raptor/Destroyer/BoP