Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
03-05-2012, 07:46 AM
After a couple of iterations, I pieced together a Eng Cap/Sci Ship build that I really like. Good for PvP + PvE. Pardon for not having all of the levels on-hand, but the descriptions should give you an idea of what it can do and how to play it.

Very little systems overlap, so global cooldowns are basically a non-issue. The build is basically a Sci-based dogfighter.

Recon Science
===============

Offense - Sci
------------------
Tychons Rift III
Tractor Beam
Feedback Pulse
Charged Particle Burst
Photonic Shockwave

Offense - Tac
-------------------
Torp - High Yield
Torp - Spread
Fire at Will

Healing
----------
Eng Team
Hazard Emitters
Emergency to Shields II
Rotate Shield Freq (captain)

Gear
-------
5 Polaron Beam Arrays set to autofire
1 forward facing RapidFire Transphasic torpedo (breen)

Tac : 3 polaron consoles

Sci : 3 particle emitters
Sci : 1 shield (+35%)

Eng : 1 turn rate boost
Eng : either Ablative Armor (PvP) or Assimilated Console (PvE) (not firm yet, still experimenting with ablative)

3 pieces of Aegis for Reactive Shielding (it's amazing!)

Note that my captain maxed out Hull integrity and bought a few ticks of Energy Resistance for the Hull. I can hull tank for a fair bit, especially if the Reactive Shielding gets a chance to boot up... the main reason for Ablative and the shield boost. I'm generally of the philosophy of covering your weaknesses, and hull integrity is the main one for the ship.

On approach, unleash a torpedo spread while in Aux mode, drop a Tychen and tractor (keeps them near for draining), hit feedback, then switch to Weapons mode.

Tyken + transphasic + Feedback Pulse allow direct hull hurts even if someone has a ton of shield regen.
Polaron + Tyken and/or shield targetting allows the occasional bare hull abuse.

It's fun.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-05-2012, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster75
Honestly your build is all over the place, no offense intended.

If you want something which relies on feedback pulse as your primary DPS this is what I would do. It's more of a PvP build which is brutal in Cap and Hold. Not so much in Arena because everyone will ignore you. Feedback Pulse is also too situational for STF's to be reliable. This build is also not good for leveling PvE content or dailies since NPC's do so little damage to you.

Nebula R

Lt. Tactical
Torpedo High Yield 1 (you could also utilize a Tactical Team here as well but I was thinking Torp Boat loaded with Trics and Plasma)
Attack Pattern Delta 1

Lt. Commander
Emergency Power to Shields 1
Reverse Shield Polarity 1
Auxiliary to Structural Integrity Field 2 or Eject Warp Plasma 1

Commander Science
Hazard Emitters 1
Science Team 2
Photonic Shockwave 1 (or CPB or TBR or Tachyon Beam...anything really)
Feedback Pulse 3

Lt Universal (Engineer)
Emergency Power to Shields 1
Reverse Shield Polarity 1

Ensign Science
Tractor Beam 1

One thing to take note of is running dual copies of RSP 1 is key to this build. You will basically get a copy available every minute to work in conjunction with your Feedback Pulse. Why? Because Feedback Pulse shares a cooldown with Transfer Shield Strength and you'll want the shield refill and the 6 seconds of invulnerability when taking concentrated fire. You'll also be lacking shield resists due to being without TSS and also not having Science Fleet as a Tac captain. When taking concentrated fire activate Feedback Pulse and APD1 with Tac Buffs. Use RSP when shields start to weaken. You would also want a couple of developmental lab scientist DOffs to get the extra copy of Science Team 2 that comes with the cooldown reduction. Perhaps also stack 3 shield distribution DOffs for kicks as well.
You are prolly right, it prolly is all over the place (hence the forum topic), still working on it, i will take your advice into consideration when respeccing it 2night,
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-05-2012, 03:58 PM
Cygone, you wrote
Quote:
Power levels in combat - 125 / 108 / 64 / 110
How are they that high?

Edit: Nvm, I found your comment in the other thread. You are using Siphon Energy x2.
That sure limits your Science Abilities, but I think the Nebula is more Cruiser than Sci
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-06-2012, 01:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyprodimus
Cygone, you wrote

How are they that high?

Edit: Nvm, I found your comment in the other thread. You are using Siphon Energy x2.
That sure limits your Science Abilities, but I think the Nebula is more Cruiser than Sci
I'm only using one copy of ES, - ES3
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-06-2012, 04:15 AM
Yeah, thats whay I meant by "x2"
What gear do you use? Have you tried the Been set? I know it isnt the best in terms of shields, but you get a nice boost to Flow Capacitors and a free Energy Siphon I.

That could free up a slot for you.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-06-2012, 05:36 AM
I did last night pick up 2 parts of the Breen set, and noticed the 3rd bonus, it is something I will possibly look at doin.

For now tho, I removed FBP2 and added Photonic Officer 2, (is thier anyway to increase the effeciancy of PO? - I think its 32% atm),

Using PO in conjunction (back to back) with Tac Initiative, I am getting some good milage out of my Tac abilities (Eng abilites i already have 2 copies of), it almost like running 2 Lt Engineers AND two Lt Tacs,