Lt. Commander
# 11
03-05-2012, 03:41 PM
Anti-Matter Spread.

I don't like it but my main gripe is that it still steals Evasive Maneuvers.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-05-2012, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptcisco
so why hastn the pvp community asked for a nerf...or a real counter????

I dont see much..just wondering if it was just my Fleet that hated it.
the community has asked for a lot of things and we get almost nothing (aside from slaps to face) in return.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-05-2012, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seussified View Post
It's not just that AMS is overpowered- it's so EASY TO USE.

You could make an arguement that Theta Vent Radation is really powerful- but you still have to fly really fast and try to catch them in the gas.
Like a BoP or a Garumba can't do that. I don't like AMS either but at least it doesn't shut your whole system down, turning your ship into floating paper for the duration. HE doesn't clear it unless you're at the very outside edge of the cloud because the HoT can't keep up with the rate of debuff reapplication.

It takes a whole team equipped with AMS to make it bothersome. It only takes one Klink with VTR to lockout a player's control till respawn.

I hate em both.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-05-2012, 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsimon22 View Post
I wouldnt say AMS is runining the game its being able to put it on any ship that is Runining the game. Same with all the P2w stuff imo. Wait until they make it so you can run any consoles from either side... Then that might be the end of PVP for a lot of people.... People runing around with AMS and theta.. YAY .
Yes. That change was either incredibly, incredibly, stupid on Cryptic's part, or they just don't ****ing care anymore about making anything close to resembling a good game.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-06-2012, 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dribyelruh View Post
Yes. That change was either incredibly, incredibly, stupid on Cryptic's part, or they just don't ****ing care anymore about making anything close to resembling a good game.
rememeber back when the only over powered item was team work?

good stuff right there... and a simplier time
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-06-2012, 01:52 AM
Given the few hours between tribble and release on live, it's almost definitely the later. They knew it was terrible design. They knew that they were ****ing their game up. They knew that if they didn't immediately put it onto live there would be hundreds of pages on the tribble forums pointing out the flaws. They don't care because they don't want to make a good game, or even a game that lasts. They want to wring as much money out of STO as possible, with the least amount of effort possible, and are fully aware that it's only a matter of time until they bleed the game dry.

What they don't seem to be aware of is that people will catch on and will stop buying their **** in the future. Neverwinter is going to fail harder than any MMO has ever failed, and it won't have anything to do with Neverwinter, but everything to do with STO and Champions.

You just know you're ****ed when Penny-Arcade states:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny-Arcade
Cryptic (of all people) is trying to bring back Neverwinter.
GG Cryptic. You made your bed. Now you're going to have to lie in it :p
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-06-2012, 04:25 AM
AMS and Theta are both a bit broken. What there needs to be is a period of immunity after any AMS/jam/scramble to stop it being chained like we have with PSW. I don't see why this wasn't implemented to be honest. Bad by design, or just absent mindedness?

Theta seems broken as well but is well documented by others so I won't go into that, so I'll only use it on people who spring something cheesy on me first most of the time, makes getting out of spawn much easier (and funnier) in Ker'rat in things that can't battle cloak. I actually got the Scourge for the Scourge, not the console.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-06-2012, 05:38 AM
I'm doing my damnedest to make sure neverwinter is dead on arrival.

Cryptic just doesn't care about their games in any capacity beyond picking up already rotten fruit off the ground.

As far as the original topic goes, honestly I view AMS as the most retardedly powerful console in the game. Even with theta radiation out there. 5 thetas might suck, but frankly 5 AMS is worse. I say this as a Fed. Nothing else is so clearly a Crutch Power in this game.