Lt. Commander
I am curious about what other people are thinking and what they are doing with regards to all the missions that are available to SUPPLY the six new commodities that you can only get through missions.

I am talking about Jevonite, Shapeshifting Lockets, Tulaberries, Ferasan Nepata Leaves, and the other two which I can't remember off hand?

I just turned down a very rare mission to supply 25 shape lifting lockets because I know how hard it was to collect them and I know I will need them for other missions that unlock chains. Sure it was some juicy points for 8 hours, but to give up 25 shapeshifting lockets in one click and not use them for a mission that unlocks a mission chain that ends in gaining a consumable simply did not make any sense?

Buying these commodities off the exchange is cost prohibative for most people at current prices and the number of missions that pop up wanting you to just burn these commodities is staggering.

I personally have been avoiding those particular Doff missions like they were the plague.

How have you been handling this issue?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-06-2012, 09:43 AM
same here. i just...don't do them.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-06-2012, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eidama
same here. i just...don't do them.
If that turns out to be the consensus and I suspect it is then basically this issue begs to be addressed with an updated version of those missions. Maybe if they changed them to only require x1 of the Gamma Quadrant Commodities along with a healthy number of regular commodities they would be worth doing, but as it is they are just redundant fluff that distracts from the whole Doff sysetem.

I suppose in time the prices on the exchange might come down as farmers collect more and more of them.

It currently costs 20k to 40k on average for x1 commodity. Forget that.

Ferasan Nepata Leaves are going for 18k each and you can currently grab a x100 of them for 1.75 million which is the volume to purchase that would be needed to make those other missions viable.

I am certainly not hurting for electronic credits as I have 125 million, but 1.75 million for 100 of them is still way too steep for my taste.

The only mission I can think of worth spending that kind of credits on in a pinch would be one of the ones to advance a Reknown.

I think the simplist fix the developers could do for this issue would be to increase the number of commodities you get for the Haggle Missions. They could change it to have a much higher EC cost for the HAGGLE which is currently set at just 2000 EC.

I would be more than happy to pay 20,000 EC for a Haggle mission if I could get 10 to 20 instead of just 5 to 10.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-06-2012, 10:31 AM
Indeed. At the moment I'm mostly using my Gamma Quadrant resources for the shipboard Evaluate and Analyze assignments (since the repeatable versions give over 1K CXP for a 20 hour mission). Of the actual in-sector ones they just don't seem worth the cost to me. The one that I could maybe see myself doing is the one that award Exploration CXP for Shapeshifting Lockets, it's not a great mission but higher value Exploration missions are very rare.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-06-2012, 11:16 AM
On a side note related to this issue...

Currently I am aware of the Haggle missions appearing in only three places.

1)Beta Ursai

2) Rollar Nebula

3) Zeta Andromadae

Is anyone aware of any other places the HAGGLE mission for the Gamma Quadrant Commodities appears, or other missions besides HAGGLE to get the new commodities?
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-06-2012, 11:25 AM
Haggle missions can be found in all three Cardassian sectors and nebulas. Furthermore you can find them in DS9 space and ground. Maybe you can also find them in Bajor space and in the Badlands but there I have never seen them.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-06-2012, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampir888 View Post
Haggle missions can be found in all three Cardassian sectors and nebulas. Furthermore you can find them in DS9 space and ground. Maybe you can also find them in Bajor space and in the Badlands but there I have never seen them.
Duh. I should have known without asking.

Thanks.

I just went and checked all those other places and not a single mission available.

I am wondering if the three places I listed are actually more common to find them as I have had fairly good luck in just those three spots.

I have also found them while on DS9, but I was under the assumption that the missions available while beamed down somewhere were the same ones available in the sector space of wherever you beamed down from, but just a much smaller selection of them.

Are you saying that you might find the mission while beamed down on DS9, but the same mission would not be available in Beta Ursea sector space when you beam up.

By the same token fewer missions are available on DS9 than if you just beam up to orbit.

I was under the impression all three levels (Beamned down, In Orbit, and in Sector Space) were all taken from the same available mission pool. Just that you have to be in sector space to gain access to the entire pool of available missions. I will certainly be checking to verify this at the first opotunity.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-06-2012, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trismigistus View Post
I have also found them while on DS9, but I was under the assumption that the missions available while beamed down somewhere were the same ones available in the sector space of wherever you beamed down from, but just a much smaller selection of them.

Are you saying that you might find the mission while beamed down on DS9, but the same mission would not be available in Beta Ursea sector space when you beam up.
That is correct. Each unique zone has it's own selection of missions. So Beta Ursea, DS9 Space and DS9 Ground will all have a different selection of missions. Now in general DS9 (both ground and space) will have fewer missions than sector space, I suspect this is because there are fewer available missions but I've never seen that confirmed.

This also applies to other places where planets can be landed on. In particular in Sirius sector has three habitable planets with different DO assignments. The Sol/ESD/SFA set of zones are the main ones (and indeed some missions can only be found there) but Andoria and Vulcan (both space and ground) have their own missions including some Andoran/Vulan related missions (such as Asylum, Crew Leave or Cultural Exchange).