Lt. Commander
# 51
03-06-2012, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinii
Is the only way to get a KDF Hargh'peng still to craft (a bound) one? Because the character using the torpedo boat isn't the same character maxed on crafting.
You can also get one via the Doff system.
Lt. Commander
# 52
03-06-2012, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstar_swe
I was fighting the breen today and got my *** handed to me, those polarons owned my shields and that was it. A question, if I have several copies of high yield do they share the same cd or how does it work? I find I can't spam as much torps as I would like to even with 4 rapid reloads.
That looked quite deadly

To truly take advantage of the B'Rel Torpedo Build you'd have to have a Captain fully speced out for Kenetic damage and stealth.

So is the only viable Captain to run with this build a Tactical Captain and would you bother to put any skill points into hull?

I'd like to try this build out but I'll need to level another Tactical Captain
Lt. Commander
# 53
03-06-2012, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolbrand
Here is a small preview:

I don't know what this guy was doing at the time, but he was an easy kill, so that is a little bit of a bummer. If nothing else, it perfectly illustrates the concept behind the torpedo B'rel build.

Video
Ok, his shields went to hell, how? A skill or was it just the torps? Could you post a small description?
Lt. Commander
# 54
03-06-2012, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Guys, please try this build:

Quantum Torpedo Launcher (Use THY3!)
Hargh-Peng
Breen Cluster
Bio-Neural

The quantums strip a big chunk of the shields, while the Breen cluster finishes the shields off. Usually, the Bio-neural comes in with no shield between it and the hull. I waste dudes in Ker'rat with this build. Try it, and enjoy it.
I think I am going to try your advise, I'm not that impressed with the rr's. What do you have in the aft?
Lt. Commander
# 55
03-06-2012, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstar_swe
Ok, his shields went to hell, how? A skill or was it just the torps? Could you post a small description?
I will post more video tomorrow night.

I take down the shields with THY3 quantums, and the Hargh'peng. The breen cluster sometimes helps too.

I run turrets in the aft in case I need to shoot down a big torp or something if a sci captain spots me. I've actually never had to use them.
Lt. Commander
# 56
03-07-2012, 01:30 PM
Quote:
I will post more video tomorrow night.

I take down the shields with THY3 quantums, and the Hargh'peng. The breen cluster sometimes helps too.

I run turrets in the aft in case I need to shoot down a big torp or something if a sci captain spots me. I've actually never had to use them.
You said something about a trico, is that instead of the hargh'peng in the fore? I am thinking of putting the peng aft together with mines possibly. I have the tractor mines which I would like to try.
Lt. Commander
# 57
03-07-2012, 03:41 PM
I was using a Trico up front before switching to the peng. I like the peng better because I get that extra bit of shield damage before the big dogs hit.

I have those tractor mines too. Good idea! The only thing preventing me from getting some kills is the enemy captain turning a fresh shield facing into the bioneural. I'm going to equip those puppies to put an end to it!
Lt. Commander
# 58
03-07-2012, 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0Gambit0 View Post
You can also get one via the Doff system.
Any clue as to where the mission is picked up? I'm not that familiar KDF side with DOFF missions. Thank you.
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
# 60
03-07-2012, 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinii
Any clue as to where the mission is picked up? I'm not that familiar KDF side with DOFF missions. Thank you.
The doff hargh'peng mission can be accessed in eta eridiani(where ker'rat is).
Closed Thread