I'd like to know how BOff space traits actually work. It doesn't seem like there are too many of them. I've also heard that Leadership is broken for BOffs(?).
The main question I have regarding this is... well, here's an example. Let's say I have a human toon, tac and engineer.
* If the toon has leadership, is there any worthwhile stacking? I know the Efficient trait does stack, but I don't know about the others.
* Do I need to have the tac and/or engineer equipped to a BOff slot for their trait to "count?" Or can I have, say, a human sitting off in the corner that never touches the slot that could still lend their Leadership?
* Will the tac's Leadership be of any use? He'd have to be equipped to a tactical or universal station, and at least with the tac station we all know that this is not something that's going to be leading to a lot of repairs.
* Finally - is Leadership actually broken or not?
If someone could help me out with this I'd appreciate it. I'm having a hard time finding good replacements for my BOffs with good space traits, and I made the mistake of getting attached to some of them, so I'd like to be able to "swap" them around (e.g. swap my Trill science officer for a copy of her with two Superior traits instead of two Basic traits, and say she's just gotten better at it). Especially important as I'm going to be popping some expensive BOff candidates for powers, and I'd rather not have to pay to do it twice on a better BOff.
1) Probably (caveat: see #4).
2) For Efficiency, the boff has to be manning a console. I imagine the same is true for Leadership (caveat: see #4).
3) From a coding perspective, I doubt they would special case Leadership for Sci/Eng/Tac (caveat: see #4)
4) I couldn't find anything that that Leadership modifies on my character sheet. Maybe that means it's broken. Maybe not.