Lt. Commander
# 61
03-07-2012, 05:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
The only thing Cryptic has developed WORSE than the KDF is its PvP. So I'm not really sure what you say could be the case since they are making even less moves to improve and/or expand PvP.
I have to agree, PvP is in worse shape than the KDF and the KDF as a primarily PvP oriented faction (Monster Play) did not work in the past due to fed outcry of teh unfairness of it and also was met with hostility by the KDF fanbase due to its short sightedness.
Its where the famous Snix quote came from that many still cling to as proof that this has been a long campaign of broken promises, so why would a PvP focused KDF work now?
Lt. Commander
# 62
03-07-2012, 05:39 AM
STO and Cryptic are empty shells, nothing more in my book. anyone who thinks to take any 'poitical' sort of speaking to a game is ovbiously lying. im not gonna travel further beyond that point because it would run into moderation.
Lt. Commander
# 63
03-07-2012, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by decronia
In business there is no chicken or the egg situation it is just a cliche used to put people off gaurd. In business you must make a loss, invest, before seeing any comeback from it. As such to use the cliche you have to buy the chicken before you can get the eggs, therefore in this situation of the cliche the chicken has to come first.

I wonder how much data they have on people who start KDF characters and then just give up before even getting out of the starter zone? I know I haveand I doubt am the only one. Whereas content that is in parity with the Fed side would have kept me playing. The only reasons I have not deleted my Klingon is because I hope they will do something with the faction and she has the anniversary ship. Saying that if it wasn't for the ship I would possibly have deleted her as if they improve the content I could always re-roll.

If there is little content then people are not going to play it, no matter how much they may want to. Making the game free to play will not change that.
That's a great point. We've been seeing a lack of investment in KDF Story Content since the game launched. They are just unwilling to take a loss here before they begin to make money from it.

I believe they are watching what new KDF players like yourself are doing and the data they collect on you has much more impact on what the plan will be (if any) going forward. Cryptic needs to keep hearing from you and as many F2P players as possible about the lack of Klingon Story Content.

But if the majority of new KDF players are leveling to max on things like The KDF Mirror Event and Borg Invasions without completing all the Episodes they will indeed focus on making more Events instead of getting Klingon PvE on par with the Feds. Events are much easier for them to make and don't require the same investment that Klingon Episodes would.
Lt. Commander
# 64
03-07-2012, 01:01 PM
There's no plan Nagus, they're just throwing deli meat at the wall to see what sticks. Cheap stuff of little substance.