Lt. Commander
# 21
03-07-2012, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
We'll be playing for 10 minutes instead of 3?

Please stop using the dev blog as advirtising spam Crpytic...
Uh, Cryptic owns the Blog, they could advertise Cryptic STO Gummy Bears if they wanted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elnaith View Post
There are a few questions.

1. Are the assignments open for everyone?
2. Do we NEED the DoFFs from the store to do them?
3. Are those missions only using the new traits which only the store DoFFs have or are they just criticals?
4. Do those DoFFs have new skill enhancing buffs?

Especially if Nr. 4 is not the case I'll pass on this...I need my DoFFs to boost my gameplay and not to run around.
"D"uty "Off"icer = DOff not DoFF

On topic, love it, keep up the good work.
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-07-2012, 02:06 PM
Sounds cool. But why exactly are we getting Dominion races as Doffs? It makes sense to get Cardassians, but most of the others (Jem'Hadar, Vorta, etc) don't.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-07-2012, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
they are meant to be the evil caitians or something. i think they are pretty much made up just for STO unless they appeared in a book or something.
Ah yes, them. That explains why I'd heard of them before, but couldn't remember from where. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePsycoticVulcan
Sounds cool. But why exactly are we getting Dominion races as Doffs? It makes sense to get Cardassians, but most of the others (Jem'Hadar, Vorta, etc) don't.
I'm open to the idea that the Dominion may have defectors. I'd love to see some story content addressing the situation, though, especially if the Jem'Hadar are no longer completely dependent on the White.
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-07-2012, 02:19 PM
Good stuff, and I can't wait to open up some expansion packs. I look forward to new DOffs and DOffing opportunities. I've some C-Points (including stipend) saved up, and I'll likely buy a few more in support of Team Heretic.

DOffing may not be for all, but I realy enjoy it!

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-07-2012, 02:30 PM
Can't help but ask, but is the little ship on the picture supposed to be one of the rewards from one of the new assignment chains?
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-07-2012, 02:36 PM
I'm also wondering about the reasoning here. The DOff pack reward from the mission made sense, since we'd been working with a Vorta and his Jem'Hadar in this particular FE, but where are all these others coming from? I know the Federation has dual-citizenship now, but are they really extending it to the Gamma Quadrant?

Other than my curiosity there, this looks pretty cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirian_darkstar View Post
Can't help but ask, but is the little ship on the picture supposed to be one of the rewards from one of the new assignment chains?
That would be cool. Looks kind of like a Hideki class, right?
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-07-2012, 03:08 PM
So, when I hear the term "Expansion", I tend to think of actual mission content expansion, new areas to explore, new races to meet/fight, that sort of thing.

But in this case, the "Duty Officer Expansion", is nothing more than an attempt to grab some extra cash from people who otherwise haven't spent much on the previous "Officer Cadre" packs. Furthermore, making the purchase of the new pack a REQUIREMENT if you want access to Mark XII Rare and Epic consoles.

Good job Cryptic. Reeeallly...
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-07-2012, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkthunder View Post
Furthermore, making the purchase of the new pack a REQUIREMENT if you want access to Mark XII Rare and Epic consoles.
Except it's not a requirement.
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-07-2012, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneRommel
Except it's not a requirement.
If that's true, perhaps a clarification statement is in order?

It does say that there are new "Assignment Chains", which will reward new items such as Mark XII Blue/Purple consoles. One would assume by the tone of the rest of the blog entry, that these new assignments, also REQUIRE some of the new officers.
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-07-2012, 03:21 PM
Nice to have more Doff, but how about giving us some sectors in the Gamma Quadrant with some new content for us. Hopefully we get that in Season 6