Lt. Commander
# 11
03-07-2012, 10:13 AM
you can play with your fleet, there is usually a limit of about 20 people to take on the CE. last time i was in a fleet we attempted to try take on the CE but at the time the queue system was bugged, so the idea never took off.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-07-2012, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjames3653
I have not been able to finish it once due to trolls who use plasma torps and mines on purpose. I know for sure in my last game a particular user was using torps on purpose. I emailed him, I PM'd him, other users emailed him an pm'd him and he still kept using torps. He was an admiral, I'm not sure if we are allowed to call specific users out so I will refrain from saying his handle but I reported him and so did a few others. He was a member of a fleet to and I think I am going to report him to his fleet, I believe it was the 106th.

Anyways Crystalline Entity is a horrible level that needs desperately to be reworked before I ever play it again! This is my second MMO and its just reinforcing my belief that RPGs are better. Anyways end of rant.

Edit sorry he was using high yield plasma torpedos and mines not regular torps. I was so frazzled i forgot to specify lol. Plus he used boarding party. edited to specify.
That's the main problem with MMORPGs. To attract the following they need to be successful if not compete with like games in the genre, MMO gets increasingly heavy focus while RPG falls by the wayside. Just think about all the MMOs that have flopped (We're playing one of those now. And as much of a fanboy I am of the ST universe, there's a reason games go F2P.) since WoW was released and how different even it is since its inception. And WoW didn't even father the genre.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-07-2012, 10:38 AM
The primary issue with all group based STFs is the inability to vote people out to get rid of dead weight, many a Crystaline entity (bearing in mind i not completed it either since the change) will sit there not moving while they drop mine after mine after mine after mine.

You explain that colisionable items cause it to heal and they just blindly sit there while you watch the ce go from 35% damage all the way back to 100%.

IF cryptic gave us the feature to remove these dead weight muppets from the encounters it would be so much better, but normally i give them 15 minutes of my time if its not going down or doesnt appear to i leave.

Too many hours wasted shooting it only for some tard to drop mines on it.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-07-2012, 11:40 AM
Private que is the way to go for CE. We did it last night as a fleet. The key is to create a unique name, and put a password on the instance. That way, late comers can still join the instance, and you don't have to worry about griefers crashing the party. Without griefers, it is doable. We only had 7 people, but were still able to get it done.

As an aside, I'm not sure why they made this an event rather than a standard fleet action. This is a fleet action that actually requires coordination and team work. My fleet would like to make this a regular event, but it's hard to plan if we don't know when the event will be happening. We just happen to have some people online last night that wanted to do it. It was totally unplanned, and spur of the moment.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-07-2012, 11:56 AM
I noticed myself there were quite a few people who spouted warnings as "fact", but they were wrong.

It only took me a few seconds of google searching to find this - http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=118088

Quote:
"There are three types of fragments:
Crystal Fragments: These are spawned all the time. They chase you and do ~5k damage. Kill them, kite them, whatever.

Large Crystal Fragments: These are spawned when the Entity reaches 30% HP. They deal ~12k damage and spawn three Smaller Crystal Fragments when they impact something. This can be either a ship or mines, so do not use mines and do not get hit. It is completely, 100%, absolutely OK to shoot and destroy these otherwise. People who claim that killing Large frags will heal the Entity are stupid and aren't actually paying attention when it happens. You will see three Small frags being formed after the Large dies, but they will despawn immediately. Their brief existence is a graphical or coding error. They are not real and do not effect anything. Kill Large fragments all you like. It's fine.

Small Crystal Fragments: These are spawned when a Large fragment impacts a player ship or mines. They will attempt to return to the Entity and heal it for ~1% of its total HP. Stop whatever you are doing and shoot these when you see them. As stated above, they are only spawned for real when a Large frag impacts something. Killing a Large frag will only create FAKE Small frags which instantly disappear."

The only other needed piece of info is.........
NEVER EVER EVER USE MINES AFTER CE REACHES 30% !!!!!!!
Try telling that to people in game though, heh
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-07-2012, 12:49 PM
Crystalline Entity is a waste of everyone's time. Don't bother.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-07-2012, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjames3653
I have not been able to finish it once due to trolls who use plasma torps and mines on purpose. I know for sure in my last game a particular user was using torps on purpose. I emailed him, I PM'd him, other users emailed him an pm'd him and he still kept using torps. He was an admiral, I'm not sure if we are allowed to call specific users out so I will refrain from saying his handle but I reported him and so did a few others. He was a member of a fleet to and I think I am going to report him to his fleet, I believe it was the 106th.

Anyways Crystalline Entity is a horrible level that needs desperately to be reworked before I ever play it again! This is my second MMO and its just reinforcing my belief that RPGs are better. Anyways end of rant.

Edit sorry he was using high yield plasma torpedos and mines not regular torps. I was so frazzled i forgot to specify lol. Plus he used boarding party. edited to specify.
If it makes you feel better, I haven't been able to do it IN OVER 2 YEARS
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-07-2012, 02:51 PM
Wow... I can't believe this is STILL an issue. Sounds like nothing has changed since launch.

Tried to take it down once a little after launch. Of course, people don't listen to instructions and the stupid thing heals all the way up to full.

It's not worth taking out with a PUG. Nice to see they added private queues for it, but really, the encounter should be revamped.

That said, I rather they work on more FEs than the Crystaline Entity