Lt. Commander
# 41
03-07-2012, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-El
I'm actually not sure who the Ferasans are. The name sounds familiar, but I can't find a reference...
Kzinti by another name
Lt. Commander
# 42
03-07-2012, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Sorry but jem hadar boffs and sets and now now duty officers with vortas etc. Cryptic you do realise my ship is a fed or klingon ship yeah? lol.

Federation has over 300 races in it and you do doffs which should be impossible to be on my crew?

Strange...
This. and this is exactly why I don't believe cryptic when they claim cbs didn't allow bugs in the game, except as 'extremely rare' lottery prizes. it makes no more sense to have dominion personnel serving on board a fed or klingon ship than it does to be flying a dominion ship. therefore common sense says the claim was not truthful

and by the way, are all those abandoned ships ever going to be explained?

Quote:
Uh, Cryptic owns the Blog, they could advertise Cryptic STO Gummy Bears if they wanted.
not if they want people to take them seriously and pay attention to anything they want to sell they can't. its a development blog, not a 'lets spam people to buy crap' blog

Quote:
1) No where in the article does it say the new DOffs are required to play the new assignments. It does say that for "some, you may need a Duty Officer with Resolve, Shroud or Telekinesis." (emphasis added). Admittantly it's a little vague. However Heretic has said in other threads and in the DOffJobs channel that these new traits are not required, only that if you do have them you get improved chances at success/crit.
thats a contradiction, and after the last incident, i'm not inclined to believe anything he says anyway.

Quote:
3) If you're a Gold Member you get a stipend. You can buy 1-2 packs a month with that. If you're a Silver Member, you have no room to complain. You're playing for free. If you want "enhanced gameplay" cough up some cash in the C-Store.
telling silver players they have no room to complain, for any reason, is offensive.
Lt. Commander
# 43
03-07-2012, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes85 View Post
thats a contradiction, and after the last incident, i'm not inclined to believe anything he says anyway.
What incident?

Quote:
telling silver players they have no room to complain, for any reason, is offensive.
Was it a slap in the face? Rather they have no room to complain about having to pay for something (which is not even true).
Lt. Commander
# 44
03-07-2012, 06:24 PM
I was wondering why my security officer I picked up had "Resolve" and what it was for. Anyone know if we'll be able to get Bajoran duty officers through other means?
Lt. Commander
# 45
03-07-2012, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radkip View Post
I was wondering why my security officer I picked up had "Resolve" and what it was for. Anyone know if we'll be able to get Bajoran duty officers through other means?
The blog knows, reading it may actually help. :p
Lt. Commander
# 46
03-07-2012, 06:55 PM
Let's see what I can clarify:

The Bugs
  • The new species dropping as ground loot and in some cadre packs was a bug that will go away with the next update.
  • The cadre packs were turned off temporarily - to be reenabled with the next update - to minimize the leakage of new species into the game.

The New Duty Officers
  • The new duty officers will be available from the new C-Store pack, and as repeatable rewards from doing various recruitment chains. Not all species have recruitment chains, but most do. Specifically, Vorta, Jem'Hadar, Tosk and Hunters do not have recruitment chains. We will also continue to be provide members of these species as duty officers through various in-game rewards such as mission rewards and assignment chain rewards.
  • Duty officers from the new packs are not bound, so will be available on the Exchange.
  • Most - although not all - of the new species have one of the three new traits - Shroud, Telekinesis and Resolve.
  • Existing colonial chain rewarded Cardassians, Bajorans, Ferasans, Jem'Hadar and Vorta are having Shroud, Telekinesis and Resolve added to their list of traits as appropriate, offering another means of accessing the traits via in-game means.
  • There are no new active roster powers in this pack. However, the ultra-rare active roster powers from the standard pack also exist in this new pack, just using the new species.
  • The new assignments will show up for everyone. Most of them will have a greater chance of criticaling if you have duty officers with the particular traits. A few will require the new traits. Some of the new assignments do not use the new traits at all.

The New Assignments
  • The new assignments will provide better than normal returns, much as the assignments with the new Gamma Quadrant commodities provided better than normal returns.
  • The assignment chain to get the new rare and very rare Mk XII consoles does require duty officers with Resolve, but the end console itself is not bound and can be traded or put on the Exchange as desired.
  • Mk XI and Mk XII consoles of all rarities should begin dropping randomly in the game as well.
Lt. Commander
# 47
03-07-2012, 07:05 PM
It seems Heretic has just made a critical success on an forum posting assignment.
Lt. Commander
# 48
03-07-2012, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur1
It seems Heretic has just made a critical success on an forum posting assignment.
VERY PROFITABLE! *blip*
220 C-Points lost
Lt. Commander
# 49
03-07-2012, 07:33 PM
this in and of itself is pretty cool. glad to see an expansion of the duty officer system.

BUT...

epic fail. you guys had a chance to open up the gamma quadrant for all sorts of stuff... dailies, new doff assignments, exploration, maybe a secret mission or 2... but sadly, no dice.

oh well, you get a B for effort anyways. can we please have something more to do besides doff stuff soon? pretty pretty please? i asked nicely so you have to right?!
Lt. Commander
# 50
03-07-2012, 07:33 PM
Sweet. Can't wait.