Lt. Commander
# 31
03-07-2012, 08:55 PM
Noooooooooooooooo!!!

I know he said his replacement is fine and all that... but... but!...
Lt. Commander
# 32
03-07-2012, 08:57 PM
lucky guy moving up in the world, going from cryptic to arguably the best game studio in the world... cant wait for Bungie's new title!!!
Lt. Commander
# 33
03-07-2012, 09:20 PM
I wish Captain Logan well...

However, I have to say that this truly sucks.

This is the crap that happens when bosses with big money bags refuse to open those bags and hire new help fast enought. This guy has had practically the weight of STO on his shoulders. He's had to deal with way more than one man should bloody deal with. And he's been one of the best devs on the team.

If they weren't going to give him better support, then they should have given him a raise.

Yeah, someone is stepping into his shoes, and he may be good. I hope so and I wish him the best of luck. But the people running the show now seem to expect an MMO to be run by a skeleton crew. MMOs are supposed to be live-team-supported. But this one is being run with practically NO support.

No matter how good the new guy is, if HE doesn't get help from ADDITIONAL team members (not replacement team members), he will only be able to take just so much.

The STO team cannot be growing as long as people keep bailing.

Freaking suits not willing to part with a little money that won't even scratch the surface of what they suck in every month.
Lt. Commander
# 34
03-07-2012, 10:52 PM
Sexiness? Not wanted...

Quality, just quality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
Don't worry, Ian is going to do a bang up job. Adam's shown him well, and he's already built the Chaffee, and has some other sexiness coming your way.

oh and . . . Adam's greatest triumph is still to come . . .
Lt. Commander
# 35
03-07-2012, 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
Don't worry, Ian is going to do a bang up job. Adam's shown him well, and he's already built the Chaffee, and has some other sexiness coming your way.

oh and . . . Adam's greatest triumph is still to come . . .
BUT!

/10char
Lt. Commander
# 36
03-07-2012, 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor_Forthright View Post
https://twitter.com/#!/CapnLogan

I don't know what to say... but I'm now a Sad Panda*

*not to be mistaken with me actually being a member of Sad Pandas.

Can we all be honorary members of Sad Pandas for this day?
Lt. Commander
# 37
03-07-2012, 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainQuirk View Post
I wish Captain Logan well...

However, I have to say that this truly sucks.

This is the crap that happens when bosses with big money bags refuse to open those bags and hire new help fast enought. This guy has had practically the weight of STO on his shoulders. He's had to deal with way more than one man should bloody deal with. And he's been one of the best devs on the team.

If they weren't going to give him better support, then they should have given him a raise.

Yeah, someone is stepping into his shoes, and he may be good. I hope so and I wish him the best of luck. But the people running the show now seem to expect an MMO to be run by a skeleton crew. MMOs are supposed to be live-team-supported. But this one is being run with practically NO support.

No matter how good the new guy is, if HE doesn't get help from ADDITIONAL team members (not replacement team members), he will only be able to take just so much.

The STO team cannot be growing as long as people keep bailing.

Freaking suits not willing to part with a little money that won't even scratch the surface of what they suck in every month.
Yes, we're losing one (and a damn good one at that), but between me, another new env guy, and most recently another animator on the team, we're Net +2 on the team this year. This is only a "skeleton crew" when compared to the Blizzards and Biowares of the world. By our own, internal team numbers, we're still at roughly the same numbers we have been for a while, and as I said, we're still up for the year, and I believe we still have some openings to fill.

Ian is not new to the team. He's been on STO longer than I have. He was on environments before, and transitioned to helping with ships around when I started in January. So he's been training/working with Logan since then.
Lt. Commander
# 38
03-07-2012, 11:51 PM
big big shoes to fill, it is a dark day indeed but i am sure his replacement will rise to the challenge and make some truly awesome ships
Lt. Commander
# 39
03-08-2012, 12:19 AM
I'm not worried...in 4-6 months we'll be saying "welcome back"...just like we did with Dstahl and Gozer before him!
Lt. Commander
# 40
03-08-2012, 12:41 AM
Can anyone blame him? I've left jobs because of incompetent management before, so I know where he's coming from, and while he probably won't say it we know it's true.

Anyway all the best Logan and thanks for all the effort and hard work