Lt. Commander
# 21
03-05-2012, 01:41 PM
Good to hear from you Admiral Price, I trust things are well. Were you the one that had a son attending Starfleet Academy? Anyhow, I read your comments and was glad to find out someone else saw what I saw. I would like to meet you for tea, maybe, to discuss your findings in more detail...seems some of it is missing. I know a good place on Bajor where a waiter, who is a good friend of mine, makes the best Earl Grey. One of my hosts was "friends" with a certain Captain that turned her on to it. Hope to see you soon.
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-05-2012, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus92 View Post
Yep, based this story using my experience as a real world Correctional Officer.
It was the "above date and approximate time" that first cued me in. Former CO myself.

P.S. Thank you for not using all caps as some of my former co-workers have liked to do. :p
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-05-2012, 07:36 PM
All in all everything aside I rather enjoyed the op it was a nice read.
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-05-2012, 09:32 PM
I would like to add my own complaint about the Warden: Despite specifically telling him I was there to see the Founder before beaming down, when I spoke to him in the prison he thought I was there to see someone else. A technician needs to check his memory banks as there seems to be some major data corruption going on in there. This time he merely got the person who I wanted to see wrong, but next time it could be much worse.
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-05-2012, 11:17 PM
As it stands the security system is no more effective than my honor guard of angry bird pillows and one Victorian doll on my desk.
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-07-2012, 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus92 View Post
Good to hear from you Admiral Price, I trust things are well. Were you the one that had a son attending Starfleet Academy? Anyhow, I read your comments and was glad to find out someone else saw what I saw. I would like to meet you for tea, maybe, to discuss your findings in more detail...seems some of it is missing. I know a good place on Bajor where a waiter, who is a good friend of mine, makes the best Earl Grey. One of my hosts was "friends" with a certain Captain that turned her on to it. Hope to see you soon.
Blast, Section 31. Always medling in their name of justice. Howeer tea on bajor sounds? Sounds exsquisisit. i'd love to my ship will be returing to bajor on stardate 86257.5 (April 5th/first contact day). And unfortunately i have no sons just a daughter.
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-08-2012, 07:33 AM
To: Starfleet Admiralty, care of Taskforce Omega

This is the worst prison I have set foot in during my entire career as a warrior of the Empire. Starbase 157, not even a dedicated prison, proved at least mildly challenging to liberate.

There were no orbital defences, and somehow a flotilla of Jem'hadar warships got from Deep Space 9 in the Beta Ursae sector, through the Sirius sector, into the Regulus sector, a part of it that's a stone's throw away from both Pi Canis and Eta Eridani. All frontline sectors that are doubtless heaviliy patroled.

All it would have taken for the Empire to liberate any inmates would be a short bombardment of the power systems, and none of the forcefields or security staff would have existed anymore. This is as much use as a denobulan-chocolate batleth! With real warriors, and airlocks instead of forcefields, this would be allieviated. It would also allow the selective application of hard vacuum for greater containment, and anesthazine gas for greater control of the inmates and anyone attempting to board the facility, should your wardens not have the stomach for dealing with a jail break as a true warrior that is. And at the very least, some effort to hide the facility and arm it with defence platforms should be made.

I don't care for your Federation or Starfleet's attitude to denying warriors glorious death in battle, but I have a vested intrest in our return to Deep Space 9: Nine barrels of vested intrest to be precise, it may be time to consider being better allies before we grow tired of fighting at your side again!

This would never have happened at Rura Penthe...

This transmission ends.... now.