Lt. Commander
# 1 Looking to join a fleet
02-28-2012, 01:35 PM
I'm looking to join a Federation fleet to do joint missions, hang out, and generally enjoy STO. I enjoy teamwork, I can be professional and fun loving too. I play a couple hours a day, most days of the week. I'm a human tactical officer with the rank of commander and currently command a heavy crusier. I can provided covering fire and full broadsides, as well as snagging enemy vessels for summary destrcution. I am also well stocked on components, so I can help out team mates. I prefer space combat, but enjoy ground missions as well. I am looking for something casual, but chalenging.

Not sure where to start looking (There are so many recruitment threads to sift through), so any tips or leads would be apreciated. Thanks!

I usually play afternoons, Central time zone, US.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-28-2012, 02:36 PM
Good evening Harleymatrix,

As you said, there are as many recruitement threads as there are fleets and yes it takes time to read through them all.
There is one fleet I do recommend though and not surprisingly it is the fleet I am a part of. I'm inviting you to take a look on the website, www.3rdfleet.com and decide for yourself whether you like to apply to become a member.
Even if you do not apply with us, I thank you for reading this and wish you well in your travels amongst the stars.

Wendsill
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-29-2012, 04:59 AM
Hi Harley,

You could have a look over the BSC as well. We're a laid back community oriented fleet that's an arm of a larger community itself.

We've a large mix of people, but in game, everybody chips in to help out, as we all appreciate that teamwork makes the game more enjoyable for everyone.

The only potential problem?! We don't have many CST'ers at the moment! So it'd still be a little lonely for ya until we can lure more across to us.

You're welcome to stop by the chat channel though if you're interested - or if you simply want another group of people to talk to in game!
Lt. Commander
Good morning. I hope you will take a moment and consider the Vulcan Kolinahr Fleet. We are a small but great fleet. We are easy going, dedicated and friendly. We all come from different backgrounds and have different ways of doing things, but that’s part of what makes us great.

Anyone in our fleet is happy to help others when needed, in almost any aspect of the game and in some cases RL. We have a fleet TeamSpeak3 server that we use for voice chat not just in-game but also to hang out as well and get to know each other better (not required, just available). Many of us are located on the East Coast and Midwest (USA), Europe and now even parts of the Middle East.

Although I say our fleet is dedicated, we also realize that everyone has lives as well, so when you need to take the time, you don't need to be concerned about losing your position within the fleet due to RL too. We do not discriminate against such things because we understand that sometimes real life issues and problems can take time to resolve, and that some time is needed to sort things out.

So please, think about joining and moving with us into 2410 armed with the best Intel, the most specific and targeted body of knowledge about STO, and a group of Fleet-mates who will be there with you in the crunch.

The Vulcan Kolinahr Fleet

Live Long and Prosper!

If you would like additional information on the [VKF] please don’t hesitate to contact me or any of our members.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-29-2012, 06:57 AM
You're right, there are a LOT of recruitment threads and EVERY ONE of them touts their fleet as the best and brightest and the one with the most cookies or whatever. The truth is there are a LOT of good fleets out there. I belong to ONE of them, the {UFP}.

The {UFP} is a worldwide fleet with a strong presence on both hemispheres. That's kewl because it means there are expanded opportunities to play. We have a website, hold quarterly award ceremonies, host our own server for other Star Trek games, publish a regular e-zine, and have regularly scheduled events.

If you really want to get to know us, the best way to do that is to visit our website. You can find it by clicking my siggy banner below. Take a few minutes and check us out. I think you'll be glad you did. Tell 'em Stormy sent ya.

P.S. Obviously this is NOT a cookie cutter invite. It has been created with your post and needs in mind.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-29-2012, 10:39 AM
harley

If you are over 30 years young you may want to check out the TOS Veterans. We are a mature (+30) fleet with no rules and no bosses that just hang out and help each other out when they need it.

A good group of guys and a lot of fun to just hang-out with!

Check out our website at tosfleet.com or click on my signature image below. We have cookies…
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-29-2012, 09:36 PM
Hey there. I'm from the Third Fleet Task Force.

As many of contemporaries have mentioned there are a lot of options. We have been recruiting newer members ourselves are comprised mainly of folks like yourself. Feel free to check us out anytime.

you can also chat with us in game via our recruiting channel /join_channel tftfsto.

And welcome to Star Trek Online.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-08-2012, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by harleymatrix91
I'm looking to join a Federation fleet to do joint missions, hang out, and generally enjoy STO. I enjoy teamwork, I can be professional and fun loving too. I play a couple hours a day, most days of the week. I'm a human tactical officer with the rank of commander and currently command a heavy crusier. I can provided covering fire and full broadsides, as well as snagging enemy vessels for summary destrcution. I am also well stocked on components, so I can help out team mates. I prefer space combat, but enjoy ground missions as well. I am looking for something casual, but chalenging.

Not sure where to start looking (There are so many recruitment threads to sift through), so any tips or leads would be apreciated. Thanks!

I usually play afternoons, Central time zone, US.
well when your ready look at the United Britannian Fleet you will like the style of play and you will have fun to