Lt. Commander
# 31
03-01-2012, 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendra80 View Post
I run it again and noted that the city walls are flickering. I didn't spot this earlier because I always took the scenic route. This happens because you used the same X or Y value for the given wall line with overlaping blocks. To fix it, add +-0.001 to every 2nd block, should not be noticable but would remove the flicker.

I was thinking about the end fight. You may want to up the mobs a little. I jumped on the whole group and they couldn't even get close. BTW what kind of mobs you use, orion?
I just noticed that they are next to a trench. I don't know if this is intentional or not, but it would make a great war scene. Put them into the trench in a line, facing toward the city. Then drop down 2-3 layers of sleeping bags (+0.3 elevation/layer). Or just make a few machine gun pits and make them kneel there.

Something like this: http://www.sto-advanced.com/screensh...2-05-30-07.jpg

Also noted that the bottles are gone and the plating points are placed very accurately. Nice.
Thanks for the additional feedback and it took a little playing with to move the bottles and still get the same effect out of them. Also appreciate tip on the city walls. That is a good trick. I'll do that tomorrow and I'll look at creating the battle gun pits. I actually used Romulans, I didn't think about the Orion's. I might change them up to that. It would probably lower the player level requirement too.

Thanks again for all the help.
Brian
Lt. Commander
# 32
03-02-2012, 05:54 AM
Yep, it will lower to any level. However, orion mobs are generally weak and have a high tendency to do bare hand close combat. Nausicans are thougher but still any level. They like to pull out a huge machete and use that in close combat once in a while.
The romulans don't do close combat as far as I know, but strong mobs have medics and engineers.

Oh, crate - generic ship 01 and 02 would double for older ammo crates. They are small and boxy.
Lt. Commander
# 33
03-02-2012, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendra80 View Post
Yep, it will lower to any level. However, orion mobs are generally weak and have a high tendency to do bare hand close combat. Nausicans are thougher but still any level. They like to pull out a huge machete and use that in close combat once in a while.
The romulans don't do close combat as far as I know, but strong mobs have medics and engineers.

Oh, crate - generic ship 01 and 02 would double for older ammo crates. They are small and boxy.
Okay, so I changed the walls by moving every other one in as you suggested.

The enemy fight at the end of the Weapons Depot map are now Orion's with the Fekara skin. This makes the mission available for all levels. I didn't place them as if in trenches ready for battle but as if they are in ranks getting ready to march out for battle. This also releases all of them at once. Folks, let me know if that is too much.

I added some more features on that side of the map to be in keeping with the war like blasts like the rest of the map.

I will continue to monitor the feedback here and in the game as well.

Thanks for your help throughout. I think it has gone from a good mission to a great one. At least I hope so...
Lt. Commander
# 34 Mission: Contamination
03-03-2012, 11:39 AM
You are the Captain and the Federation Council is calling upon you and your crew to resolve a crisis in a pre-warp society they have been observing.

Will save this culture from Contamination?

Lt. Commander
# 35
03-04-2012, 11:28 PM
I had a lot of fun going through my mission with Bazag, Galatrix and Jaedrian today on "Broadcast UGC". Seeing my mission through other peoples eyes was quite an eye opener. As we went through I found a couple of items that needed to be fixed. A few the group saw and some that I saw. It was interesting following along on a mission that was really designed for a single player rather than a group and seeing the interplay of the different elements and player styles.

I think in the end we all had a lot of fun and I hope they enjoyed the mission as much as I enjoyed making it. Thanks Bazag, Galatrix, Jaedrian and the folks who watched from the stream.

Brian
Lt. Commander
# 36
03-07-2012, 10:51 PM
The mission has been adjusted. It is now available for any level thanks to an adjustment in the mobs. So now anyone should be able to play it.

Thanks for the feedback so far and I hope more folks enjoy the mission.
Brian
Lt. Commander
# 37
03-08-2012, 10:49 PM
well, I must say that this is one of the most creative missions I've ever seen. Good job. I do think you had a bit more dialogue than you needed though....
Lt. Commander
# 38
03-09-2012, 12:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
well, I must say that this is one of the most creative missions I've ever seen. Good job. I do think you had a bit more dialogue than you needed though....
I have to counterpoint: Sometimes the players like (even love!) the copious amounts of dialogue. As long as it fits into the mission scope, I say: Bring it on!

Maybe some of us are quirky about missions becoming mini-novellas. I know I'm past the purely "shoot 'em up" stuff -- and wanting more quality storytelling from my game play.

Definitely a good job on "Contamination", Evil70th. I'm looking forward to your next endeavor.
Lt. Commander
# 39
03-09-2012, 06:16 AM
I have to say that I did generally like the dialogue. Although there were a few scenes that felt off, such as the part during the mission briefing where the vulcan gets confused by an idiom.
Lt. Commander
# 40
03-10-2012, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucana
I have to counterpoint: Sometimes the players like (even love!) the copious amounts of dialogue. As long as it fits into the mission scope, I say: Bring it on!

Maybe some of us are quirky about missions becoming mini-novellas. I know I'm past the purely "shoot 'em up" stuff -- and wanting more quality storytelling from my game play.

Definitely a good job on "Contamination", Evil70th. I'm looking forward to your next endeavor.
Thanks Tucana. I was a little worried about the dialogue and the length of the mission but I felt if I could grab the attention of the player and entertain them and get them to think back to the TOS and TNG adventures they wouldn't notice the time. For the others I inserted "Skip Dialogue" buttons throughout with a summary of what they needed to know. I've been getting good reviews and feedback on the mission and the covert option to take the mission in a different direction seems to be pretty popular.

I am developing a couple of stories at the moment in what little spare time I have.

Thanks again for the feedback. It is always appreciated.
Brian