Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 141
03-09-2012, 03:22 AM
Question for a Moderator:
Is my current signatue "legal"?

Signature/Avatar Rule Violation
Signatures are limited to five lines of text, including blank lines, and/or an image. The total signature size must be no larger than 500x150 pixels and 50Kb in size if it contains an image. Images must be in .jpg format.


Is it that my total signature size, image +plus text, is not to exceed the 500x150 limit, OR, image can not be more than 500x150 AND text canot be more than 5 lines +plus blank lines?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 142
03-09-2012, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suricata View Post
As was stated in the thread you posted that in, you'd need to submit a ticket.
What happens when you can't do that because of a separate bug/issue with the ticketing system?

Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 143
03-09-2012, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirian_darkstar View Post
Question for a Moderator:
Is my current signatue "legal"?

/Snip
As far as I'm aware from past experience it's been that you are allowed either 5 line text (including blanks) with no image or a 500x150 image with no text or a smaller than 500x150 image with some text...

I will however seek clarification for us, might take a while so bare with me.


Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
What happens when you can't do that because of a separate bug/issue with the ticketing system?

I don't honestly believe we (the comm mods) can give you an answer to this, are you experiencing an bug/issue with the ticketing system atm or have you in the past that you can use as an example?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 144
03-09-2012, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecto View Post
I don't honestly believe we (the comm mods) can give you an answer to this, are you experiencing an bug/issue with the ticketing system atm or have you in the past that you can use as an example?
Last month when I got the blank warning I did experience a bug with it. I essentially got a blank warning, then got the second bug -- no e-mail, and then couldn't even submit a ticket.

Since it was just a warning, I was curious as to what the warning was for, but wasn't really worried about it too much.

I haven't tried since. And currently don't have any "issues" that would require me to try using it right now.

But yeah, I did sort of get the "natural hat trick" of things that could go wrong. Heh.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 145
03-09-2012, 12:04 PM
Quoted from the signature rule:

Quote:
The total signature size must be no larger than 500x150 pixels and 50Kb in size if it contains an image
I've got confirmation that this means if an image is used the total contents of the signature, including lines of text must be no larger than 500x150.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 146
03-09-2012, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecto View Post
Quoted from the signature rule:



I've got confirmation that this means if an image is used the total contents of the signature, including lines of text must be no larger than 500x150.
Ok, i'll get my signature fix shortly. Thank you to the wonderful Moderator team.

Side note: Aren't png images illegal? *looks at Alecto's signature...* /jk
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 147
03-18-2012, 03:41 PM
Hello. I'm posting with regard to the incident in my signature. I recently found this
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...9623&page=2#20
thread.

Some moderator moved my thread to a place it has no business, which upset me. Posting the above link would have, on the other hand rather than upsetting me, told me that Cryptic was "on top of things" and made me feel quite good.

Rather than whine and complain and be negative, I'd like to be a positive person where I can be.

Therefore I'd like to apply to become a moderator myself as I feel that I can help bring forum moderation to a high(er) standard.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 148
05-14-2012, 06:33 PM
Hey folks, due to real life commitments (I'm currently on vacation in Japan, as well as undertaking my final exams in Internation Multimedia Design and Communication). I've decided to step down as a community moderator of the forums at this time, since I can not dedicate the time required. It usually takes about 1-2 hours a day to read though the reported post logs and write up actions if any are taken and that is along with the other guys in the team (to give you an idea of the workload).

I wish the rest of the team the best of luck continueing the moderate the forums, it's been a blast working with you guys, for now though, I need to knuckle down with my exams and paid vfx projects!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 149
05-14-2012, 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suricata View Post
Hey folks, due to real life commitments (I'm currently on vacation in Japan, as well as undertaking my final exams in Internation Multimedia Design and Communication). I've decided to step down as a community moderator of the forums at this time, since I can not dedicate the time required. It usually takes about 1-2 hours a day to read though the reported post logs and write up actions if any are taken and that is along with the other guys in the team (to give you an idea of the workload).

I wish the rest of the team the best of luck continueing the moderate the forums, it's been a blast working with you guys, for now though, I need to knuckle down with my exams and paid vfx projects!
Thank you for everything you have done for this community, Suricata. I look forward to seeing you in-game and around the boards. Good luck on your exams and enjoy your vacation!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 150
05-14-2012, 07:47 PM
Will someone else be "hired" in his place?
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:44 AM.