Lt. Commander
# 101
03-07-2012, 02:51 PM
I found a solution for the problem of people getting suck outside of the barge. I moved it over so it now included the bulk of the hall leading up to the room and put the place marker in the center of the barge. This should fix the problem of getting stuck outside the barge.

I also must add again, I'm not dying very easy. But I was able to test the respawn point with both the barge there and gone and it works fine.
Lt. Commander
# 102
03-07-2012, 05:54 PM
Maziken, thanks for the review. I'm going to play yours now.
In terms of your problem rememberingthe code:
You can actually figure out the security code, two different ways. One is on the Stahlonian Vessel and the other is on Risa, protected by Starfleet Guards. You can actually figure it out a third way, though you only get the first 3 of 4 numbers/colours (easy to figure out the last one though). This third way of finding it is actually a secret in game. You find it from someone on Risa, though it's hard to get the info out of them- you have to figure out the dialogue tree.
I'm actually going to put into the dialogue to rememberthe password or even write it down. Thanks for telling me about this.
Lt. Commander
# 103 My notes on Staaaahl mission
03-09-2012, 12:16 AM
Thanks everyone for participating! Is this the correct location for feedback to authors?
Spoilers, obviously.
Cerberus Films, you got drawn out of the hat first. Here are my promised notes on the run-through

crew gets stuck on ramp in shuttle bay to Flight Controller. Area near top right control panel has occlusion issues? Interesting map. Package located in a weird location - way off by itself. Maybe add dialog that the package is in the far corner store room, or in the back? When leaving the store room, the far side of the room disappears? Distance issue? Maybe make the area smaller? Appears and disappears, so maybe not, a distance issue.

Looks like we're stuck in a box. No shuttle map, right? Instead, drop player outside and then give update?

How do we safely get down the cliff? I guess they should have given us skis. Liked the detailed background information; minor grammatical/spelling mistakes but nothing worth commenting on. AH GEEZ, I only just now got he Stahlonians/Zyngosta joke.

Like the plant decoration in the hotel, but it seems like the rest is empty/walls are bare. Why the gratuitous sexism? No way to congratulate ensign on such a fine catch as the Admiral? Or am I missing some sort of in-joke? No bathroom in the ambassadors' quarters? Only one of my BOFFs made it to the hotel, the rest are stuck 300's of meters away; is this intentional?

Inside the cave the missing three appeared at the other end of the cave complex, and slowly made their way to me. Captain "Jalul" name keeps being used instead of my character name (did use it correctly a few times) Wow, that surprise beam down was a bit...surprising. Took me out a couple of times before I could split them up and destroy them (captain-33 on elite).

Went past the warp point after scanning/before warping, caused me some confusion. Had to circle back, and when it finally took me to warp, I was outside the warp "tunnel". Managed to get back in OK; it was a neat effect.

Asteroid waaay too hard to see into for openings. Mobs kept aggroing on me and appearing after I engaged the primary target. Died plenty..
Lt. Commander
So here are the amount of times that each mission has been played so far. At this rate, there is no way that all the missions are going to be looked at by voters.
This may be in part because of the downtime of the server yesterday.
I would also suggest telling players to not make Klingon Missions as it's obvious that they are rarely played and a week isn't even enough to get them out of the 'Review' stage.

Mission Title: Staaaahl -14

Mission Title:Hollow Justice -16

Mission Title: Sacrifice -17

Mission Title: Shynga Incident -2

Mission Title: Catalyst -Not Found

Title: The Stahlonian Candidate -3

Mission Title: GOLEMS -11

Mission Title: Federation Desperation -3

Mission Title: Risian Sunset -6

Murder Most Moul -37

Fear the Revelation -10
Lt. Commander
# 105
03-09-2012, 05:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBCouto View Post
So here are the amount of times that each mission has been played so far. At this rate, there is no way that all the missions are going to be looked at by voters.
This may be in part because of the downtime of the server yesterday.
I would also suggest telling players to not make Klingon Missions as it's obvious that they are rarely played and a week isn't even enough to get them out of the 'Review' stage.

Mission Title: Staaaahl -14

Mission Title:Hollow Justice -16

Mission Title: Sacrifice -17

Mission Title: Shynga Incident -2

Mission Title: Catalyst -Not Found

Title: The Stahlonian Candidate -3

Mission Title: GOLEMS -11

Mission Title: Federation Desperation -3

Mission Title: Risian Sunset -6

Murder Most Moul -37

Fear the Revelation -10
This was a major concern of mine going into this. On the KDF side of things, it takes forever to get your mission past the review stage. In my opinion, all of these missions should be bypassed that review stage and immediately made "live".

I'd also like to see some more advertisement about the competition from Cryptic in-game. Hell, even a news post on the news section of these forums letting everyone know about the competition. As it stands right now, the only people who know about it are the people who regularly visit the Foundry section of the forums.
Lt. Commander
# 106
03-09-2012, 05:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maziken
This was a major concern of mine going into this. On the KDF side of things, it takes forever to get your mission past the review stage. In my opinion, all of these missions should be bypassed that review stage and immediately made "live".

I'd also like to see some more advertisement about the competition from Cryptic in-game. Hell, even a news post on the news section of these forums letting everyone know about the competition. As it stands right now, the only people who know about it are the people who regularly visit the Foundry section of the forums.
Actually, going forward we need to be allowed a test period. Despite all of our building and designing, some bugs can only be found by those who haven't played the mission. Giving us a week for play test first would be helpful. Then, after the play test period is over, BranFlakes should make a dev post about the missions.

In the end, I don't care about the competition. This challenge should be how people become aware of the Foundry and its authors.
Lt. Commander
# 107
03-09-2012, 07:47 AM
I agree with that. I was hoping this would get the Foundry spotlighted some and the authors as well. My mission finally made it to the five review mark needed to be taken out of the review queue and placed into the "live" queue.

I just think that Cryptic could have advertised this a little more, it seems like most people I talk to about it have no idea what it is.
Lt. Commander
# 108
03-10-2012, 04:11 PM
Again, you are all providing some great feedback This is the first run of a Foundry Challenge, so there is a lot to discover and figure out what will work best. It's an evolving experience, and I'll take all of the feedback into consideration for the next one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maziken
I just think that Cryptic could have advertised this a little more, it seems like most people I talk to about it have no idea what it is.
I am responsible for advertising it, and I really thought I hit all of the most visible places: the forums (many "dev" posts, Twitter (tweeted about it a few times from the @trekonlinegame account), and Facebook (posted about it a couple times on the official page). If you have more ideas on how I can make it more public, let me know

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Lt. Commander
# 109
03-10-2012, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWE_BranFlakes
Again, you are all providing some great feedback This is the first run of a Foundry Challenge, so there is a lot to discover and figure out what will work best. It's an evolving experience, and I'll take all of the feedback into consideration for the next one

I am responsible for advertising it, and I really thought I hit all of the most visible places: the forums (many "dev" posts, Twitter (tweeted about it a few times from the @trekonlinegame account), and Facebook (posted about it a couple times on the official page). If you have more ideas on how I can make it more public, let me know

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
A dev blog. Those tend to get seen by a larger number of players. Now that we are a week in, most of the bugs should be worked out. I'd love to see a dev blog where you have the list of missions with summary (and maybe with a screenshot, if possible). I think that would get more people playing the missions, which is what I thought was the purpose of the challenge.
Lt. Commander
# 110
03-10-2012, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
A dev blog. Those tend to get seen by a larger number of players. Now that we are a week in, most of the bugs should be worked out. I'd love to see a dev blog where you have the list of missions with summary (and maybe with a screenshot, if possible). I think that would get more people playing the missions, which is what I thought was the purpose of the challenge.
Some great ideas. I agree with them all.