Lt. Commander
# 21
02-25-2012, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali-fal
The real memorable, interesting villains that people enjoy are not Snidely Whiplash. It's sympathetic villains like Hannibal Lector, Magneto, Roy Batty, and Khan Noonien Singh. Villains people can relate to.
Quote:
Hannibal Lector
Quote:
people can relate to
ಠ_ಠ

Maybe if you're a cannibal tribble…
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-25-2012, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Diamonds
... As someone who likes to "play as" a Romulan when it's possible, even if in our own original Mnhei'sahe way, I can assure you that with the relief aid the Federation basically handed over to us instead of trying to invade territories in disarray moves 99,2% of our "Hate & Revenge Focus" to one thing, the Klingon Empire.
Was that before or after the unprovoked attacks on medical research stations and the attack on Romulan HOME SYSTEM in Rator? Someone mentioned something about coherence?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluegrassGeek View Post
ಠ_ಠ

Maybe if you're a cannibal tribble…
LOL

I have to admit I find Admiral T'Nae and Franklin Drake well written villains though.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-25-2012, 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneRommel
I have to admit I find Admiral T'Nae and Franklin Drake well written villains though.
T'Nae is a good one, yes, but I disagree that Drake is even a villain. Aside from violating the Temporal Prime Directive to save all our butts (which several Trek captains have done anyway), and putting you through that "test," he hasn't done anything villainous. That may change in the future, though.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-25-2012, 08:31 PM
Quote:
T'nae isn't even a villain. Did you mean Zelle from "Divide et Impera"?
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-25-2012, 09:27 PM
The best villain is Torg... Although the way its setup he doesn't put up much of a fight... You just killed my son... I'm getting out of here... I'm already suspecting if we ever do get any actual KDF content that J'mpok and Torg are going to be revealed as Undine infiltrators. Thats the only way they could possibly beat Martok other than the fact I'm sure that CBS wouldn't allow martok into the game but they allowed is wife
Lt. Commander
# 26 Uh Uh Kitsune Kitsune.
02-26-2012, 02:24 AM
Quote:
Was that before or after the unprovoked attacks on medical research stations and the attack on Romulan HOME SYSTEM in Rator? Someone mentioned something about coherence?
<<Yes, before and after, the Federation keeps feeding plenty of relief support while the Klingons....
Also
(Starfleet Deltan Undine Admirals, wow...) thinking "we" don't know or acknowledge about Undine's ways or existance is naive.

We have our skirmishes with Starfleet (0,8), but for sure the Federation doesn't attempt annexing worlds that belong to our territory and for sure the Federation isn't as unstable as the Klingon Empire is. Do I have to draw you a more detailed picture of what the major threat to the Romulan Star Empire is...?>>

Someone here didn't study their legenda...
Yet this is how a plot with coherence(TM) should work.

You'll have more luck next time
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-26-2012, 03:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePsycoticVulcan
T'nae isn't even a villain. Did you mean Zelle from "Divide et Impera"?
No. Admiral T'nae who keeps asking you to make unprovoked attacks, acts of terrorism, breaking the Prime Directive, etc. "No one else can be allowed to have Borg technology... at ANY cost."

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Diamonds
<<Yes, before and after, the Federation keeps feeding plenty of relief support while the Klingons....
Also
(Starfleet Deltan Undine Admirals, wow...) thinking "we" don't know or acknowledge about Undine's ways or existance is naive.
T'nae is Vulcan. The Tal Shiar exists for a reason: to get accurate intel.

Quote:
We have our skirmishes with Starfleet
Klingon attack on Mars shipyards was just a "skirmish" too.

Quote:
You 'll have more luck next time
More luck? I'm not the one thinking Starfleet is not at full war with the Romulan Empire. Just how many Romulan ships got destroyed outside Rator Prime again? Just how many times has the Federation forcibly taken Borg technology that the Romulans have been studying? Just how many Romulan lives have been lost when the Federation flies around the galaxy attacking Romulan ships on the other side of the Neutral Zone. Wake up and smell the coffee. Romulans are already subjugated.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-28-2012, 08:15 PM
With the bits about J'mpok losing his grip, it sounds like we can see some shakeup away from the simplistic empire vs. federation war, which would be nice. encourage the ability to work together vs. common enemies, BUT still allow players to not trust the other faction and attack them.

Now, for the rest of the post, all I know is the concept of "klingon intelligence" "diversions" and "letting the federation weaken themselves by taking the brunt" reeks of dishonour. this K'men sounds like a Romulan more than a Klingon. Klingons should lead the joint charges on dominion forces, then after crushing them with our Brothers and federation allies-of-the-day, drink well, then resume the conflict tomorrow.
Lt. Commander
# 29 Certain Point of View...
03-09-2012, 11:28 PM
@Kali-fal & T.Diamonds

While initially enraged as i read this dev-post in hindsight i think i've found it's true purpose; a clear reminder of dishonorable elements in the Empire. Elements that should be purged, yet continue to grow in influence and power. Elements driven by baser insticts, slaves to their own agendas; Pawns of those who want the Empire and Federation to tear each other apart...