Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Ship Zoom broken
03-09-2012, 09:59 AM
Apparently the camera zoom towards ships is broken since the new patch. I hope this was in error and not an intentional change in the patch. Please resolve.
Thank you
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-09-2012, 10:02 AM
what do you mean by broken? I was in my runabout earlier and noticed when i zoomed right in the ship went partially transparent (which I think could be a plus - as long as there is an option to disable it for screen shots etc) but other than that got the same ship shudder at certain angles on my defiant but seemed to be able to zoom in to the same distance as always.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-10-2012, 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liath
what do you mean by broken? I was in my runabout earlier and noticed when i zoomed right in the ship went partially transparent (which I think could be a plus - as long as there is an option to disable it for screen shots etc) but other than that got the same ship shudder at certain angles on my defiant but seemed to be able to zoom in to the same distance as always.
The small ships you're able to zoom close, but with the larger ships you can't zoom in close. I have this problem .
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-11-2012, 09:55 AM
Yeah, seems to influence mainly the big ships.

This is the closest I can zoom when flying a Bortas - http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/2...2031117454.jpg

However, if I do so, the camera moves down and the ship is now at the very center of the screen, instead of just above the tray - http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/2...2031117454.jpg - That means I need to zoom out even more just to play the game like I used to.

I hear that this is not a bug, but a "feature". If so, one of the worst Cryptic has ever introduced. Please devs, give us back the old zooming, or at least provide us with more options.