Lt. Commander
# 1281 Very true
03-11-2012, 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xth3xr34p3rx View Post
Complaints are fine and all, its how things are improved, but its when it starts getting a little too aggressive and outta hand is where I wanna try step in and help keep things calm
Exactly.
Lt. Commander
# 1282
03-11-2012, 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1732
so apparently they lied when they said they'd give us an ETA on the downtime ..... go figure.

9:50 PM != 9:23PM... go figure.
Lt. Commander
# 1283
03-11-2012, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt1320 View Post
You know whats funny about that? The BFH and/or blue tip wrench ALWAYS works, yet it's always the last set of tools we pick up!

I've got a ungodly amount of money in tools and equipment, but when all of those fail, the BFH and blue tip wrench, always gets the job done........
That is how it goes. Had an orfice tube to do to drive that little devil home I got the BFH and got the job done after fighting almost an hour with trying to press it in by hand.
Lt. Commander
# 1284
03-11-2012, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2CrypticOps
Our current ETA to have the shard back up is about 2 hours ~ 9.50 PM PST. Thank you for your continued patience.
this is the ETA which has NOT passed yet
Lt. Commander
# 1285
03-11-2012, 09:30 PM
T-minus 20 minutes and counting according to last eta.
Lt. Commander
# 1286
I really don't think they are worried about what's going on here at the moment,we're all grown ups and can handle it...right?
Lt. Commander
# 1287
Food for thought... Have played a few MMO's over the past several years and have found one thing in common. When they switch from P2P to F2P and the player base explodes the game usually has a hard time. On another game I played it got so bad with memory leaks that they would restart the servers every 24 hours. It took a few months for them to finally find the major leaks and get them fixed. I would probably still be playing if SOE hadn't gotten their servers hacked. That's what brought me to this game, yes it is tiresome and drives you crazy to try and login and see servers down. Just remember they are doing everything they can to get them back online and fixed as soon as possible. It's a precarious balancing act to perform, do we keep it down to find the problem or do we fire it back up and try to shut it down before it crashes... Meanwhile they are looking at lost revenue and unhappy customers while the servers are down.... A companies worst nightmare.
Lt. Commander
# 1288
Quote:
Originally Posted by milner62
That is how it goes. Had an orfice tube to do to drive that little devil home I got the BFH and got the job done after fighting almost an hour with trying to press it in by hand.

Those can be a pain, such a small little part, yet can cause so many headaches...
Lt. Commander
# 1289
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfottrell
The problems with Enterprise were many:

1. The omission of the aircraft carrier from the opening montage. Roddenberry named his ship (NCC-1701) after the carrier, because of the technological advances of the first nuclear-powered carrier. He, and his wife have cited that on numerous occasions, and the Star Trek memorabalia museum is located on the aft mess deck of that ship. I know, because I was stationed onboard at the time they inaugurated it. I knew the show would fail the moment they disavowed the military legacy of the Enterprise name.

2. Very character development. None of these characters are known in the Star Trek canon or chronology. This show takes place during what should have been the Earth-Romuan War, but there was no mention of it, or a leaning toward it for future episodes. Instead, they create a species no one had ever heard of, who create a 9-11 style disaster (don't think that didn't cross their minds when they wrote it) that the future Trek makes no note of. The problem with prequals is that the present cannot be rewritten by them, or you destroy the works of better writers in the process. As a Star Trek fan from way back, I can tell you that I don't find it entertaining to see a show I loved, deconstructed by half-wit writers.

3. Time travel stories are a cruch for lazy and weak writers.

4. I know Roddenberry was progressive about many things, and Star Trek addressed some issues that no one at the time wanted to talk about. The idea of creating a telepathically spread, Vulcan virus (never mentioned in Trek before) only to push an AIDS awareness message is preachy at best (yes, that was the episode that ends with the cast giving the audience a PSA about homosexual and AIDS sufferrer tolerance.) I don't have a problem with the issue, only the rewriting of Trek history to support it.

5. The cast: Bakula has no charisma. The guy who played the security chief, for all his ridgidity was only slightly less childish than Tasha Yar. Hoshi should have been a civilian advisor. The girl who played T'Pol, while the least talented 'actor' of the bunch (former model) actually played her character pretty well, and the chief engineer wasn't too bad either.

That's just few reasons why I think the show died.
Star Trek "as a series" jumped the Temporal Shark in its first iteration. They have been doing it ever since, so don't you dare blame Temporal crap-writing on later series. It has been there from the beginning. I love Star Trek as a diversion, but the minute you take Temporal screwing around as a science...well my friend, you have just set yourself up for failure on a grand scale.
No wonder so many of you are angry.
Lt. Commander
# 1290
03-11-2012, 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaloralros View Post
9:50 PM != 9:23PM... go figure.
Agreed. The ETA has been stated, and while people don't want to read a 100+ page thread, I've seen posters rattle off the remaining time until the server is up. So, for the record, the ETA is 9:50 PM PDT (That's 12:50 AM EDT). So that leaves approximately 20 minutes remaining.
Closed Thread