Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1321
03-11-2012, 09:37 PM
*twitching around on floor*

Must have game...can take much more...

*eyes roll back in head*

please hurrrry.....
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1322
03-11-2012, 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by milner62
Yep, sad thing is it was all done for no reason. The guys compressor is shot, the clutch when it does finally engage it spins but the low side never drops and the high never rises. Im sure he wont want to spend another $300 to replace the compressor that he replaced last year. But thats how it goes and like it tell customers, its nothing personal its business.


Automotive A/C is not my favorite thing to do, replacement parts rarely last like the OEM stuff did. Even if you replace the parts with OEM parts... Your best bet, and I hate it, is to just replace everything at the same time, gives them a better chance of it lasting, but it turns the tech into a parts changer ( which is never a good thing )

I'm in Transport Refrigeration ( Carrier Transicold dealer )... A lot more fun and challenging to work on, if you can handle the long hrs.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1323
03-11-2012, 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeuroShayd View Post
Star Trek "as a series" jumped the Temporal Shark in its first iteration. They have been doing it ever since, so don't you dare blame Temporal crap-writing on later series. It has been there from the beginning. I love Star Trek as a diversion, but the minute you take Temporal screwing around as a science...well my friend, you have just set yourself up for failure on a grand scale.
No wonder so many of you are angry.
I believe Stephen Hawking has said the math shows that time travel can only work in one direction: forward. An epidemiologist said the body would be vaporized by hydrogen at the near light speed required for it.

But, I think time travel, in both directions, is interesting as long as it's so difficult to accomplish that it can't become at all routine/planned. As soon as time travel into the past becomes easy, then everything becomes chaos. That's because nothing would have any permanence and therefore no meaning. As humans we already struggle enough with that without tossing backward-then-forward easy-breezy time travel into the mix.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1324
03-11-2012, 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apollo124 View Post
While we're waiting, anyone got an answer to a couple newbie questions? When I made Lt Commander, I got a new ship, which I immediately switched to, naturally. Is there a benefit to keeping my old ship around? If I discharge the old one, do I get credits of some kind for it? Would I get reimbursed for the value of any equipment left aboard (engines, consoles, etc...)?
You get nothing but for discharging your old ship except for opening up the ship slot (which increase as you rank up anyways). I keep my old ones for nostalgia and as a place to store extra ship parts, but I don't know if I'm ever going to use them again.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1325
03-11-2012, 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trismigistus View Post
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Alecto
The Star Trek Online patching screen announcement says otherwise.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1326
03-11-2012, 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElChup47
Well, you proceed from the false assumption that I have been one of the whiners. That is your first error. I am simply defending the people that folks like you choose to condecend to. It's called respecting both sides of the argument.

As for not dealing with a consumer base, I am a lawyer. I deal with the public on a daily basis since I provide a service to the public, often in times of great need and on issues significantly more important then the structure of a website, the prgramming of a gem or whatever else. I have doine so for 14 years. What this profession teaches you is that it is absolutely essentially to consider and take on board all perspectives, motivations, feelings and intentions of any statements made by your own client or opponents you may deal with. Can you honestly expect people like me to stay in business if I got together a legion of lawyers to brow beat down a client every time said client asked a question about my advice or actions?

You, sir, may be very good at what you do and understand the technical aspects of running an MMO way more than most of the rest of us do, but what neither you, or some of the other condecending individuals who tell the whiners to shut up, seem to have experience in is the ability to try and understand all perspectives and reasons for the comments of others. If you had this then you see that the ability to understand the feelings of others, whether you agree with said feelings or not, gives essential insight into the motivations of a customer base, and also reveals the need for diplomacy and respect to said customers. Telling people "if you don't like it, stop paying and go elsewhere" is highly ignorant.
I could go on a rather long rant at how I think of your profession serving the public, but that would be construed as immature and inconsiderate so I will refrain from doing so. Your argument would hold water if they were acting like nothing was going to be done to fix it, but it is plainly obvious that is not the case. They are on it, they have explained the issue and what needs to be done to fix it, and they are working on fixing it. So while I do admit that it does suck to not be able to play the game, what is the point of bashing it and the devs? Does that accomplish anything except more bad attitudes? Does it help improve the service? Of course not.

My post was designed to defend the devs against YOUR group's attacks, and I stand justified in my position. No one is perfect even in what they do. If you are truly an "expert" in your field than you should know this all too well. I'm sure you defend your practice all the time when things don't go well, and in your practice things OFTEN don't go well. So don't be hypocritical because that is frankly unprofessional .
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1327
03-11-2012, 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gavriilpeloponnakos
not really. the miranda class can't turn worth a crap and isn't good for much as far as survivability. Even a runabout is better.
I dunno ...

I gotta think showing up in an elite STF with a miranda would be good for a laugh.

....and a lot of hate tells as well.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1328
03-11-2012, 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apollo124 View Post
While we're waiting, anyone got an answer to a couple newbie questions? When I made Lt Commander, I got a new ship, which I immediately switched to, naturally. Is there a benefit to keeping my old ship around? If I discharge the old one, do I get credits of some kind for it? Would I get reimbursed for the value of any equipment left aboard (engines, consoles, etc...)?
There actually is a reason to keep useless ships arround.

You can use them to store things on. Spare weapons, consoles, devices, etc...

That may not be a problem yet, but in time it will be.

Your bank will get full pretty quick as you get more into things and you pretty much want to keep as much space open in your personal inventory as you can.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1329
03-11-2012, 09:39 PM
NOOO!!! I have work to work tomorrow...so i guess i won't get to see this resolved until tomorrow after work ..*sad face*...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1330
03-11-2012, 09:39 PM
The maintenance has been completed and the shard has been unlocked. Holodeck is back online! Thank you everyone for your patience.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:48 AM.