Lt. Commander
# 121
02-06-2012, 01:22 AM
How about this one for the Federation

USS Powder Puff N Stuff. That one I give for free and not for Cardassia
Lt. Commander
# 122
03-11-2012, 08:15 PM
My science officer's are named after the space shuttles. My tac. officer's are named after places in Norse mythology, (Valhalla, etc) One of my eng.'s are named after famous scientists. My other sci. officer's are named after places and landmarks in Montana (my home state). My new eng. has ships with "cold" names (Arctica, Yukon, so far) But I've been thinking about renaming them after famous Arctic/Antarctic explorers.

Oops, bad me necroing threads
Lt. Commander
# 123
03-11-2012, 08:19 PM
thread last posted in 30+ days ago it'll be closed soon

in before the lock
Lt. Commander
# 124
03-11-2012, 09:04 PM
I'm pretty sure this thread used to be longer. Much longer.
Lt. Commander
# 125
03-11-2012, 09:10 PM
I normally go for something that has meaning to me, or something that is canon.. you won't see me in the USS Pwnzer... But at the same time I will pick names if they mean something to me. Example I am thinking of having a Normandy in honor of the disappointment of a lot of ME3 fans, but that will be when I get my next captain to the end of the game. ( and the name isn't set in stone also. chances are I won't will end up something better. )

Another thing I don't do is change names all the time. when I get a name and reg number it stays that way no matter what. ( unless I lose the ship or get transferred off the ship )
Lt. Commander
# 126
03-12-2012, 03:20 AM
My first few ships had a theme as a science officer I took the names of prominent scientists from history as well as fiction.

Miranda Class: USS Heisenberg Peer of Einstein and creator of the Heisenberg uncertainty principal.
Oberth Class: USS Evolution
Nova Class: USS Ransom Scientist from C.S. Lewis's Space trilogy.
Olympic Class: USS Darken Rhal The antagonist of Terry Goodkind's series of novels.
Nebula Class: USS Forsythe This one is more personal than the others
Intrepid Class: USS Ta-Sardar-Gor A prayer given to the Preist Kings of Counter-Earth or Gor. of John Norman's series of novels.
Luna Class: USS Innovation
Odessy Class: USS Asguard
Delta Flyer: USS Dante, author of the Divine Comedy
Captain's Yacht: USS Skkegold A Valkyrie from Nordic Mythos
Sovereign Class: USS Freya Norse Goddess and matron of the Valkyrie
TOS Constitution Class: USS Dawn Treader Vessel from C.S.Lewis' Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Exeter Class: USS Covenant
Excelsior Class: USS Sororitas Too much Dawn of War
Galaxy Class: USS Temple
Vanguard Class: USS Gotham Too much Archam City