Lt. Commander
# 11
03-12-2012, 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepht
I just want this bug fixed like sharpish.

Cryptic take to long on fixing these things *headdesk*

Yeah and any of you exploiters reading this your all sad.
I wouldn't have a problem with them taking their time to fix things, if those fixes usually didn't break other things or have other unintended consequences. It used to be a joke, now its just sad.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-12-2012, 10:46 PM
Perhaps this would be a good time for me to finally install Mass Effect 3.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-13-2012, 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer
They couldn't pay me $15 a month to participate in Ground PvP...
Ground PvP isn't *that* bad. It certainly needs some work, like the one-shot-from-stealth tactical captains, healing being a bit too strong (I admit, I'm guilty of this because I run a healer set-up. But it's fun.) and some of the more bizarre weapons out there, like that chain lightning gun which hits around corners.

The biggest problem with ground pvp is that it is not fun for pug groups. You need a pre-made and established group, otherwise your chances of succeeding are a complete crapshoot, even if they other team is just as badly set up.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-13-2012, 02:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radkip View Post
Ground PvP isn't *that* bad. It certainly needs some work, like the one-shot-from-stealth tactical captains, healing being a bit too strong (I admit, I'm guilty of this because I run a healer set-up. But it's fun.) and some of the more bizarre weapons out there, like that chain lightning gun which hits around corners.

The biggest problem with ground pvp is that it is not fun for pug groups. You need a pre-made and established group, otherwise your chances of succeeding are a complete crapshoot, even if they other team is just as badly set up.
I should have elaborated. I do not enjoy FPS-like games. Ground PvP is FPS-like.

It would not matter if STO Ground PvP was the best FPS combat out there... they could not pay me $15 a month to play it.

Heck, 12 some years ago - we ran a ST-EF server over in the IT department and would stay late on Friday's to play... FPS-like games are simply not my thing.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-13-2012, 02:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer
I should have elaborated. I do not enjoy FPS-like games. Ground PvP is FPS-like.

It would not matter if STO Ground PvP was the best FPS combat out there... they could not pay me $15 a month to play it.

Heck, 12 some years ago - we ran a ST-EF server over in the IT department and would stay late on Friday's to play... FPS-like games are simply not my thing.
Question, and I'm honestly asking here - have you tried RPG mode combat? It's much more like the ship combat as opposed to Elite Force.

Insofar as PVP goes, in STO (and CO, for that matter), I avoid it like the plague. If I wanted to play a game where the be-all-end-all of PVP combat was alpha strikes, I'd go back to MechWarrior 4 multiplayer.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-13-2012, 02:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kant_Lavar
Question, and I'm honestly asking here - have you tried RPG mode combat? It's much more like the ship combat as opposed to Elite Force.

Insofar as PVP goes, in STO (and CO, for that matter), I avoid it like the plague. If I wanted to play a game where the be-all-end-all of PVP combat was alpha strikes, I'd go back to MechWarrior 4 multiplayer.
To an extent, you touch upon it there with the speed of it. More so than the controls, is what defines it for me.

The ship PvP to me (outside of those few instances) are fun affairs of back and forth. The ground PvP is pop, pop, dead, respawn or pop, pop, target's dead, next target...etc.