Lt. Commander
# 11
03-09-2012, 12:51 AM
I will testify that EPS Consoles simply increase the rate at which power is transferred between systems and have no effect during any weapons firing situations, including Beam Overload.
Lt. Commander
# 12 Clarification
03-09-2012, 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmutzig View Post
EPS will do nothing for cannons. The only weapon drain it helps with is beam overload.
That is not correct.

EPS console help you recover power quicker from ANY skill that consumes that power. For instance, Cannon Rapid Fire, Cannon Scatter Volley, Beam Overload, Fire At Will, any skill that drains power to perform its function these consoles will assist in getting that power consumption back much quicker.

THey do not assist in getitng power back for normal weapon use, as each weapon at the end of its cycle returns that power back in full to the Power System it took it from for it to fire. (i.e. a Phaser Beam array requires -10 power for it fire, at the end of its fire cycle, it returns that 10 points of power it used to fire back to the weapon power setting in full. Therefore it is not affected by the EPS console)

Therefore the statement that they add to "DPS" is not "inaccurate" since they get your power levels back up faster from special BO skill use. However they do not add to the BASE damage of a weapon system as a defined tac weapon console does.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-12-2012, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoson View Post
EPS console help you recover power quicker from ANY skill that consumes that power. For instance, Cannon Rapid Fire, Cannon Scatter Volley, Beam Overload, Fire At Will, any skill that drains power to perform its function these consoles will assist in getting that power consumption back much quicker.
But afaik Cannon Rapid Fire, Cannon Scatter Volley, and Fire At Will don't have an extra specified drain penalty like Beam Overload they just change the weapon fire rate and or targeting.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-13-2012, 02:29 AM
EPS Regulators did help my damage when I was running a beam cruiser. Just watch the damage numbers above your target. If they are consistent EPS wont help you. If you start high and notice the numbers dropping it WILL help.