Lt. Commander
I have been working on a mission and in it wanted to -

A) place bodies (either unconscious or dead)

B) Make a disabled friendly ship destroy-able

As far as A goes I have come up empty on how to do this I have seen it other Foundry mission tho, Just don't know how do to it.
With B I know I can put a "Costume" on a friendly ship then target it... But as I want it already disabled, I don't want it to fight back, so again not sure on what I can do there.

Any help would be most appreciated, thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-13-2012, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurian
I have been working on a mission and in it wanted to -

A) place bodies (either unconscious or dead)

B) Make a disabled friendly ship destroy-able

As far as A goes I have come up empty on how to do this I have seen it other Foundry mission tho, Just don't know how do to it.
With B I know I can put a "Costume" on a friendly ship then target it... But as I want it already disabled, I don't want it to fight back, so again not sure on what I can do there.

Any help would be most appreciated, thank you.
A. There is an animation for the dead. I always forget its name, but it's something like Lie- Front. It has the npc laying face down on the ground. There are also sleeping animations for unconscious.

Do you know how to animate a npc?

B, if I understand you, isn't really possible, although there are some possible workarounds that might get you a little closer to that goal. For example, there is a way to "turn on a Borg cube" from off line to fully operational.

I did that in a triggers tutorial. But being able to fire on something that doesn't fire back isn't possible in space, as far as I know.

Maybe you could do it on the ground with trapped targs in objects?
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-13-2012, 01:35 PM
Hey much thanks for the info I will give it a try - I did see your triggers video has really helped me alot.

Thanks again.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-13-2012, 02:25 PM
One more question... I am trying to put a Freighter leaking warp plasma in a mission. However all the freighters I place on the map look exactly the same. Is there something I am dong wrong?
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-13-2012, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurian
One more question... I am trying to put a Freighter leaking warp plasma in a mission. However all the freighters I place on the map look exactly the same. Is there something I am dong wrong?
There are a few damaged ships that leak plasma, or you can use a freighter and add a gas fx to the map. It's a pain to line it up precisely with the ship, but it works.

Gurian, you can also get real-time answers to your foundry questions at the sbugc chat room. Just click "connect" as a guest and the friendly folks there will answer your questions.

Here's the link: http://starbaseugc.com/index.php/chat/