Lt. Commander
# 11
03-13-2012, 03:29 PM
i think it was decommissioned. its had one hell of a life being partially assimilated by the Borg having the whole front of it torn off by Picards ramming of the Scimitar and then whatever it had after that. I imagine Data is now head of Oxford university like he was in the last episode of TNG even though that was a different timeline
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-13-2012, 03:30 PM
Data went crazy, again.

He hijacked the ship, again.

Except without a capable crew, he sailed the Enterprise off into oblivion.

Seriously, with Data's track record for having faulty and/or hidden programming, or behaving in specifically dangerous ways when he takes a bit of damage or stands too close to a magnet, you'd think they'd have kept him away from the captain's chair.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-13-2012, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-El
It's true we don't know what happened, but in my opinion, the ship isn't nearly old enough to be decommissioned. It's roughly 40 years old, and it's predecessor, the Galaxy class, was designed to run for 100 years, according to the TNG technical manual.

IMO, lost or destroyed are the most logical options.
the Enterprise A was decomissioned after a very short time due to the excelsior far outperforming it.

It's not about whether the ship has been built to last when it comes to the flagship of Star Fleet. It's about that ship being the best and most advanced in the fleet. This is why The Enterprise B was an Excelsior class ship.

IMO decommissioned seems most likely. The wars are ramping up, Star Fleet has very few powerful allies and it's becoming apparent that they must fight it alone. A new class of ships built to weather this storm makes sense and a new flagship at the point would fit in with that mold.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-13-2012, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogurt21
IMO decommissioned seems most likely. The wars are ramping up, Star Fleet has very few powerful allies and it's becoming apparent that they must fight it alone. A new class of ships built to weather this storm makes sense and a new flagship at the point would fit in with that mold.
But on the other hand, the Sovereign Class still appears to be one of the most advanced ships in Starfleet. Even if it's not the absolute top of the pack any more, I doubt they would decommission one during a time of war, especially when we still have Mirandas/Consitutions/Cheyennes running about.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-13-2012, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-El
IMO, lost or destroyed are the most logical options.
I bet Q had something to do with it, after all Q has a way with any object he likes, remember the incident between Q and Quinn of Voyager? its not out of his reach at all to magically move the ENT-E to another Galaxy.

Besides you cant officially name a ship until you know its destroyed, what happens if the ENT-E suddenly comes back at a critical moment as the ENT-F is about to be destroyed? that would shoot the fox as it were and expose Shon and his crew as frauds.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-13-2012, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diotw
But on the other hand, the Sovereign Class still appears to be one of the most advanced ships in Starfleet. Even if it's not the absolute top of the pack any more, I doubt they would decommission one during a time of war, especially when we still have Mirandas/Consitutions/Cheyennes running about.

it may still be one of the best but if its not THE best then its not the ship you want going around with the best title. They may have just decommissioned it and changed the name and recommissioned it. At the end of the day everything we say will be speculation until someone says something. I think it was decommissioned to make way for the Odyssey
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-13-2012, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalic89
it may still be one of the best but if its not THE best then its not the ship you want going around with the best title. They may have just decommissioned it and changed the name and recommissioned it. At the end of the day everything we say will be speculation until someone says something. I think it was decommissioned to make way for the Odyssey
ENT & ENT-A was 20 years out of date compared to newer ships for it's time, Miranda and Excelsior, there were calls for it to be retired yet it endured until its destruction. why would you throw out a perfectly good ship even if it's old?

The ENT-E has many more years left on its clock which is the point since it was just out of drydock with upgrades then it was sent to investigate a starbase...
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-13-2012, 03:59 PM
If the Enterprise-E was decommissioned, it would've been mentioned in the Path to 2409. She is simply MIA.

If I remember right, they explained her disappearance was a way to keep things going if things in canon should change if there is another series or another TNG movie. (Though the liklihood the past wouldn't be the same anyhow).
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-13-2012, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xautos
ENT & ENT-A was 20 years out of date compared to newer ships for it's time, Miranda and Excelsior, there were calls for it to be retired yet it endured until its destruction. why would you throw out a perfectly good ship even if it's old?

The ENT-E has many more years left on its clock which is the point since it was just out of drydock with upgrades then it was sent to investigate a starbase...
In the case of the Enterprise-A, the most common theory is that the Khitomer Accords called for a reduction of military forces in both the KDF and the Federation. The Constitution-class ships, being some of the older ships in service, were probably hacked away at first as a result to make room for the newer Excelsior-class ships.

That's just a theory though.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-13-2012, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattimus_Prime View Post
In the case of the Enterprise-A, the most common theory is that the Khitomer Accords called for a reduction of military forces in both the KDF and the Federation. The Constitution-class ships, being some of the older ships in service, were probably hacked away at first as a result to make room for the newer Excelsior-class ships.

That's just a theory though.
there were only dozen connies in service until the excels took over, hard to believe that considered a serious threat to the klingon empire even with the Accord, yet it was only a smoke screen and the Feds built even more ships and more designs . a thoery with alot of holes no less.