Lt. Commander
I tried to find if this had been brought up before...

Can we mention ketracel white?

How about Harry Mudd's "venus"?

Each of these had at least one entire episode based on the subject. in terms of the EULA, are these substances considered drugs? The EULA says "no drug references", yet these are classic star trek, and I believe that both of these occur in this game as well, so i am wondering if anyone knows, or can point me in the right direction of any official statement that I may have missed, as it would be difficult to revisit either of these episodes without mentioning the substance that the episodes were based on.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-12-2012, 02:51 PM
I think it'd be useful to see a dev or mod respond to this topic, but I'll toss in my two cents. I would imagine that the "no drug references" rule is related to real-world drugs, and not "in-universe" substances. So, to use your example, the Venus drug from Mudd's Women would be just fine, as long as the use was legitimate for the story, and not just "hur hur disguised drug use hur."
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-12-2012, 07:49 PM
I would understand the EULA to be speaking of real life drugs. And also the things relating to endorsement of political parties, racism etc, should also be in relation to real life.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-12-2012, 08:44 PM
I don't think that we really have to worry. This part of the EULA basically gives them the justification for axing a mission that is stupid and offensive.

No one is going to pull your mission for giving JemHadar's White or dealing with a highly political theme, unless done so in an offensive and heavy handed manner.

I think that if we really seek clarification on this stuff, we will be pushing them into a corner and we won't like the answer given.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-13-2012, 05:19 PM
Thank you gentlemen!

I really appreciate the input. There is a single mention in my mission of ketracel white, involving a jem hadar soldier, in the scenario that I am working on, and I have decided to keep it in, as it adds to the experience. I was worried that there may have been policy already written that I was unaware of, and that has been laid to rest.

I agree that cornering the devs may not be such a good idea, as I am sure it is in the EULA as a tool to pull truly offensive material off, and that is probably a good thing for everybody. I certainly would not want to play a mission with a bunch of crudely thrown together drug "humor" or whatever. Jay and Silent Bob in space just doesn't appeal to me.

Thanks again guys!
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-13-2012, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woghd
Thank you gentlemen!

I really appreciate the input. There is a single mention in my mission of ketracel white, involving a jem hadar soldier, in the scenario that I am working on, and I have decided to keep it in, as it adds to the experience. I was worried that there may have been policy already written that I was unaware of, and that has been laid to rest.

I agree that cornering the devs may not be such a good idea, as I am sure it is in the EULA as a tool to pull truly offensive material off, and that is probably a good thing for everybody. I certainly would not want to play a mission with a bunch of crudely thrown together drug "humor" or whatever. Jay and Silent Bob in space just doesn't appeal to me.

Thanks again guys!
Glad to help. By the way, your sig image is outdated. We gave up on wiki ugc and encourage people to add their missions to sto wiki.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-13-2012, 06:19 PM
oh, ok!

Can you suggest a good one?