Lt. Commander
# 1 STOked Chats with the Devs
03-13-2012, 12:43 PM
Chris sits down to chat with a few STO devs in this week's episode of STOked.

Link to the news article.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-13-2012, 12:54 PM
j-man guest appearance for the win.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-13-2012, 02:04 PM
its nice to have a co host once more adds a lot to the show
give some one to talk to rather then talk at
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-13-2012, 02:20 PM
Major Win = J-man return to the studio. (Yes, I know, it was just a visit)

Major Fail = Odyssey Bridge is hardcoded to the Odyssey only. Not useable on other ships.

That bridge is the sole redeeming quality of the Odyssey that would have made it purchaseable for me, so as to use the bridge on another ship. In all frankness I hate the Odyssey. It's way too big for my tastes, the neck portion looks strange, and it's just a whale of a ship. But the bridge, was awesome.

Oh well, guess I don't need to get any C-Points for that now.

When might we start seeing some mid-size and small ships at Tier 5 that follow the more conventional Starfleet design? (Saucer, Primary Hull, 2 Nacelles) instead of all the ships either being super cruisers that turn like tree sap in winter, or odd ball ships that look like fighter jets, submarines or just about anything but a Starfleet ship?
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-13-2012, 02:26 PM
What an epic EPIC episode!

J-Man back in the studio, Al answering loads of questions and hinting at what's to come. The rapid fire question and answer with Jeremy at the end!

It was slick, it was fast paced, it was full of content, full of enthusiasm and hopefully re-ignited many peoples excitement for the game.

Really enjoyed this episode. Thanks a million!
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-13-2012, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qultar View Post
its nice to have a co host once more adds a lot to the show
give some one to talk to rather then talk at
It used to be that way, back in the olden days of yore.

Good work STOked, and Jupiter Broadcasting. I always make extra sure to blow up ships from Jupiter Force when they come into Ker'rat.

S*D
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-13-2012, 05:41 PM
I guess you can't be honest with your pod cast if you want to get devs on. I liked it better when STOKED was truthful about missions and content.

The final mission (Boldly they Rode) had a ton of bugs and not even a single mention of any of them. The final space fight was so horrible and dog piley. On the ground of DS9 my tac officer couldn't even use his security team and basically had to rambo thru most the mobs. Hypos still healed for only half their value if that most of the time.

The whole FE was defiantly a step down from previous FE's. It was incredibly tedious and after this, frankly, I don't care if they do any more of them. The quality just wasn't there. We're back to push it now and patch it later. Classic Cryptic!
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-13-2012, 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfish1
What an epic EPIC episode!

J-Man back in the studio, Al answering loads of questions and hinting at what's to come. The rapid fire question and answer with Jeremy at the end!

It was slick, it was fast paced, it was full of content, full of enthusiasm and hopefully re-ignited many peoples excitement for the game.

Really enjoyed this episode. Thanks a million!
Thanks for continuing to watch STOked. We know that this episode was fun to make and having Bort back in studio was a pleasure. We still want to produce quality episodes and not having an in studio co host has been rough but we will continue to try to provide the best content we can to the STO community.

Again thank you for watching.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-13-2012, 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star*Dagger
It used to be that way, back in the olden days of yore.

Good work STOked, and Jupiter Broadcasting. I always make extra sure to blow up ships from Jupiter Force when they come into Ker'rat.

S*D
Fans are fans, even if we are hunted. Thanks for keeping it fun.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-13-2012, 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohNyNorMuS View Post
I guess you can't be honest with your pod cast if you want to get devs on. I liked it better when STOKED was truthful about missions and content.

The final mission (Boldly they Rode) had a ton of bugs and not even a single mention of any of them. The final space fight was so horrible and dog piley. On the ground of DS9 my tac officer couldn't even use his security team and basically had to rambo thru most the mobs. Hypos still healed for only half their value if that most of the time.

The whole FE was defiantly a step down from previous FE's. It was incredibly tedious and after this, frankly, I don't care if they do any more of them. The quality just wasn't there. We're back to push it now and patch it later. Classic Cryptic!
While I appreciate your honesty regarding the FE, we here at stoked are aware of the bugs and/or seemingly unbalanced/incomplete nature of the recent missions. You are not alone in your perceptions of this series. We have heard the same from others. Understand that our play through review was an on the spot first impressions review. I know some were not impressed and some were blown away.

I do feel your pain with the tac issue having experienced it today and will be submitting my findings to geko when I have compiled a complete report. Please let us know about any other bugs or issues you find by emailing us a stoked@jupiterbroadcasting.com. and thanks for watching stoked.