Lt. Commander
# 51 OrganizedPvP Channel
03-14-2012, 03:46 AM
Disclaimer: I am one of the usually silent lifetime members.

The OrganizedPvP channel is becoming the whinning channel. OMG, while reading the text for nearly an hour I kept expecting Oprah Whinfrey to show up and give you all a big hug. I know you have complaints and some valid, but get with it. Make your point and go do something else. Either that or at least start the OrganizedPvPWhinersClub channel/

I understand you are trying to be productive, but if you look at this from an outsiders point of view, the new players would be thinking my god this game is about to implode, creating a singularity at the center of the earth, destroying all life on our planet and then slowly consuming the solar system. If I was a new player interested in pvp, I would think there is no point in ever playing STO. May as well just leave now. If you want to see changes, you have to build the community for PvP. And that will never happen if they read these forums and read the content of the OPvP channel and think they may as well go back to ... (insert game).

I am not saying to not voice your complaints. But the constant whining for over an hour?!?!?!?! This is a game! I know you want it better, you know you want it better. You may not believe the devs want it better, but if you tell them you don't care, they will have no incentive to help the community and they will give up. There is probably a dev who is thinking, wow... I put in all this hard work, trying to make a change for these guys, and those guys really don't believe anything I am doing is valuable. So why should he bother.

Try constructive criticism and a bit less sarcasm.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Askray
Lt. Commander
# 52
03-14-2012, 04:18 AM
Hello and welcome to the OPvP channel !

Where people exchange helpful information to improve their playing experience , including advice on builds , play styles, arranging private games, ways to improve the game and of course importantly bugs which affect play style.

This is generally acknowledged as one of the most helpful and productive chat channels on any MMO people have played.

Feel free to ask if you don't actually understand what's going on

All the best
Lt. Commander
# 53
03-14-2012, 05:56 AM
We discuss a great many things, some at times in more detail than others. Many of us are quite familiar with the game and one another so we do tend to use short hand or sarcasm. If there is ever a point of serious confusion we will be more than happy to clarify.

Don't get me wrong, most of us aren't perfect. As with any public chat there are things and people beyond our control. The whining (is this the new word for constructive criticism that you disagree with?) is just a side effect of so much frustration at numerous long term broken mechanics. Try to keep a thicker skin and things will mostly be quite alright.

In fact, differing view points often help to create a better experience so please do contribute. I don't think the channel as a whole will spout off in a wall of text and then profess that it doesn't care what you think. I even suspect that the channel won't hide behind alleged military service as a shield just because there might be differing opinions.

By the way, thank you for all that you might have done for whatever country you may represent. I don't think that makes your opinion any more important than anyone else in this case but thank you all the same.
Lt. Commander
# 54 Pot calling Kettle, black.
03-15-2012, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drgenocide View Post

The OrganizedPvP channel is becoming the whinning channel. OMG, while reading the text for nearly an hour I kept expecting Oprah Whinfrey to show up and give you all a big hug. I know you have complaints and some valid, but get with it. Make your point and go do something else. Either that or at least start the OrganizedPvPWhinersClub channel/

I understand you are trying to be productive, but if you look at this from an outsiders point of view, the new players would be thinking my god this game is about to implode, creating a singularity at the center of the earth, destroying all life on our planet and then slowly consuming the solar system. If I was a new player interested in pvp, I would think there is no point in ever playing STO. May as well just leave now. If you want to see changes, you have to build the community for PvP. And that will never happen if they read these forums and read the content of the OPvP channel and think they may as well go back to ... (insert game).

I am not saying to not voice your complaints. But the constant whining for over an hour?!?!?!?! This is a game! I know you want it better, you know you want it better. You may not believe the devs want it better, but if you tell them you don't care, they will have no incentive to help the community and they will give up. There is probably a dev who is thinking, wow... I put in all this hard work, trying to make a change for these guys, and those guys really don't believe anything I am doing is valuable. So why should he bother.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Askray
It doesn't sound like you're the level headed guy, you are whinning yourself. Welcome to Earth. If you don't like to hear complaints than don't open a forum or just play another game. There are always going to be people out there with ideas and you have some people that have complaints. If the complaints outnumber the ideas, then you probably need to make some changes in their favor, or you risk lossing players, period.
Lt. Commander
# 55 I have joined
03-17-2012, 03:55 AM
As well as, offered it to my fleet. It's always nice to get the ques to pop.
Lt. Commander
# 56
03-18-2012, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drgenocide View Post

So you're the guy who too the @ handle I wanted.
Lt. Commander
# 57
03-29-2012, 07:18 PM
I found the channel's general atmosphere to be juvenile and tiresome, talking about mechanics being 'gay' and the usual chest-beating machismo from various self-appointed nutjobs.

Pass.
Lt. Commander
# 58
03-30-2012, 01:14 PM
Lurker on OPVP here. Getting a little tired of PUGs.

Sorry if this is OT, but I'm looking for a Feddy PVP group that is recruiting. =) PM me or something if you're interested.
Lt. Commander
# 59
04-21-2012, 11:36 PM
new members daily. ragin fights nightly. best pvpers in the game advice to be had. friends to be made, enemies to be defeated by (: ) )

GLORIOUS! Jouin organizedpvp chat channel in game if u havent already

qapla
Lt. Commander
# 60
04-24-2012, 01:01 PM
Moar for big "opvp"