lt commander universal
command engineer
lt tact
lt sci

shame its not for the galaxy in game
Lt. Commander
# 32
03-13-2012, 01:49 PM
The Odyssey on Tribble isn't using the Galaxy Skin. It's using the Odyssey Skin.
Lt. Commander
# 33
03-13-2012, 01:57 PM
when i look at the ship stats pressing u it says oddessy but the ship skin is a galaxy for me. Same when i go to the ship yard to change ships says oddessy but has the galaxy skin
Lt. Commander
# 34
03-13-2012, 01:59 PM
Well, I've flown all 3 new Odyssey's today and they all look like Odysseys. Are you sure you picked the +1 version to test and not the Free version from the Winter Event?
Lt. Commander
# 35
03-13-2012, 02:21 PM
more than likely is that one
Lt. Commander
# 36
03-13-2012, 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doylematt4 View Post
galaxy is very underpowered for a ship of its scope. Make no doubts about it its a battleship in all but name when put into service by the federation in the 2360's it had the most advances systems, most powerful phaser arrays ever put on a starship at that point and had a burst fire torp tubes..
And if it was captained by Captain Stubing, it would've been on The Love Boat . The thing was a cruise ship that Carnival wouldv'e salivated at. Warships don't have families (especially children) on board, the Love Boat did though.
Lt. Commander
# 37
03-14-2012, 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whamhammer View Post
And if it was captained by Captain Stubing, it would've been on The Love Boat . The thing was a cruise ship that Carnival wouldv'e salivated at. Warships don't have families (especially children) on board, the Love Boat did though.
the enterprise D was built to be decedent, it was the flagship after all, its the most gilded of all starfleet ships. it was supposed to be so awesome and impressive that when it made first contact with a new race it was supposed to absolutely wow whoever they paraded through the ship. show them that being a member of the federation allowed this much comfort and power at the same time. none of this comfort took away from the fact that it had the longest, most powerful phaser array of any ship class, and the 2 largest highest capacity torpedo launchers of any ship class. no canon or non cannon ship that i have seen has superior armaments.

its likely the first 6 galaxy were similar to the enterprise in interior comfort and civilian make up, but the 12 to 30 built afterward were likely much different, with the borg threat and war with the dominian looming. the ds9 tech manual states that the galaxys built during the war had 60% of its interior left empty. if it can do without that much of it's interior in a pinch, think of how modular it could be more purpose built. we already seen the comfortable enterprise D, there could conceivably be an even more science and exploration focused version, or a fully tactical battleship, carrier, and troop transport. yes a galaxy could serve as a carrier, its main shuttlebay was so large it was impossible to ever build a set for it, so it has never been seen.
Lt. Commander
# 38
03-14-2012, 05:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
its likely the first 6 galaxy were similar to the enterprise in interior comfort and civilian make up, but the 12 to 30 built afterward were likely much different, with the borg threat and war with the dominian looming. the ds9 tech manual states that the galaxys built during the war had 60% of its interior left empty. if it can do without that much of it's interior in a pinch, think of how modular it could be more purpose built. we already seen the comfortable enterprise D, there could conceivably be an even more science and exploration focused version, or a fully tactical battleship, carrier, and troop transport. yes a galaxy could serve as a carrier, its main shuttlebay was so large it was impossible to ever build a set for it, so it has never been seen.
Cryptic and Geko disagree with all of your suggestions. The Galaxy space whale that turns like a tub simply isn't "cool" enough to be refit for combat or science missions. And a carrier? That's a THUNDERTANK from Thundera, snarf snarf!

Lt. Commander
# 39
03-14-2012, 05:30 AM
other than a suicide run on the odyssey in the search, how many Galaxy class starships died during the Dominion war on screen. None, other than the defiant they pretty much were the only other federation starship shown kicking ***, whilst every other type exploded like a rainbow cruiser in a elite stf.

Galaxy had families on board as the Federation at the time was at peace although later seasons of tng ret-conned the peace thing slightly when they introduced the cardassians and hinted at a recent war

Galaxy at the end of the tng movie era was the Federations 2nd most powerful starship behind only the Sovereign.

Sovereign
Galaxy
Prometheus
Akira
Nebula
Ambassador
Excelsior
Defiant

is my tier list
Lt. Commander
# 40
03-14-2012, 05:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doylematt4 View Post
other than a suicide run on the odyssey in the search, how many Galaxy class starships died during the Dominion war on screen. None, other than the defiant they pretty much were the only other federation starship shown kicking ***, whilst every other type exploded like a rainbow cruiser in a elite stf.

Galaxy had families on board as the Federation at the time was at peace although later seasons of tng ret-conned the peace thing slightly when they introduced the cardassians and hinted at a recent war

Galaxy at the end of the tng movie era was the Federations 2nd most powerful starship behind only the Sovereign.
Well I thing the Prometheus as a "larger scaled" warship (unlike the Defaint wich was, in my opinion, design to operate in groups like the BoP) by design was stronger then the Galaxy. So I'd call Galaxy the third strongenst ship, not the second.. But thats a matter of interpretation I believe.

However, about the OPs question: I know I mentioned that already but, with the arrival of the Odysee class ALL current cruisers are obsolete.