Lt. Commander
# 11
03-13-2012, 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Collier
In the STOked before last, I got the very definate impression they weren't even going to try. Too much effort needed, not enough ways to monetise it.
yep. and you know that they will say the EXACT same thing with the fe's.

Too hard. Not financially feasible.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-14-2012, 01:33 PM
Thanks to dstahl and subspace radio for a great interview. A little more hostile than what the community is used to hearing, which was welcome.

Rofl @ Dan "It wasn't me fiddling the cords 'Ugh, I'm breaking Up'" ^^

I'm now convinced that Dan Stahl is the voice behind Microsoft Sam.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-14-2012, 03:42 PM
I am in the process of transcribing the interview to text and will provide the transcription in this thread when done.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-14-2012, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
He sure skipped that kdf content question
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBFLordKrueg View Post
There's a surprise, huh?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Collier
In the STOked before last, I got the very definate impression they weren't even going to try. Too much effort needed, not enough ways to monetise it.
Sadly, its just more of the same old, same old. The KDF has always been and continues to be a "long term" goal TWO YEARS after the game's launch. I hate to say it, but I've given up on the KDF. Not on the desire to see them expanded, but on any real hope that Cryptic can actually do it.

I'm at the point now where I wish they would just say "Star Trek has always focused mainly on the story of the Federation, and this game will be too" and just add Roms and Cards as "mini factions":

Quote:
Romulan "mini faction" announced!

Have you ever wanted to fly your own Romulan war bird? Now you can in Star Trek Online with the introduction of the Romulan "mini faction"!

What is a "mini faction" anyway? Well, basically it means they wont have the same amount of faction specific PvE episode missions as the "main" Federation faction. The Romulans will be launched with their own faction specific episode series introducing players to the storyline of the Romulans in the time period that STO takes place, but after completing that storyline Romulan players will have access to more generic types of content:
  • Star clusters/exploration
  • PvP
  • Special Task Forces
  • The Foundry
  • Fleet Actions
  • Daily events
  • Featured Episodes

The Romulans will also have their own home world that they start on, as well as fleet of ships to acquire and ranking system to progress through. The Romulan faction will be launching on 2/3/13 to celebrate STO's 3 year anniversary, so stay tuned for more details and enjoy the Romulan mini faction preview!
Then they could do the same thing with the Cardassians on the 4 year. I might not be everything I'd like to see, but I can honestly say I would enjoy playing Rom/Card alts on the side even with limited content.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-15-2012, 05:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Sadly, its just more of the same old, same old. The KDF has always been and continues to be a "long term" goal TWO YEARS after the game's launch. I hate to say it, but I've given up on the KDF. Not on the desire to see them expanded, but on any real hope that Cryptic can actually do it.

I'm at the point now where I wish they would just say "Star Trek has always focused mainly on the story of the Federation, and this game will be too" and just add Roms and Cards as "mini factions":

Then they could do the same thing with the Cardassians on the 4 year. I might not be everything I'd like to see, but I can honestly say I would enjoy playing Rom/Card alts on the side even with limited content.
War hammer was focused on the alliance. Wow focussed on humans and elves. Star wars focused on jedis. After the initial flood of subscribers factions always even out.
Even in star trek. Despite the poll you took
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-15-2012, 09:30 AM
Quote:
War hammer was focused on the alliance. Wow focussed on humans and elves. Star wars focused on jedis. After the initial flood of subscribers factions always even out.
Even in star trek. Despite the poll you took
You can keep saying that all you want, but it will never be true in this game. And while I havent played WH or WoW and therefore cant comment on the stories, you are completely wrong about SW. The original trilogy constantly jumped back and forth between scenes of the good guys and the bad guys, and the prequals told the story of a good guy who became a bad guy. So the story of SW was much more balanced between "good guys" and "bad guys" than Trek is.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-15-2012, 11:01 AM
Quote:
You can keep saying that all you want, but it will never be true in this game. And while I havent played WH or WoW and therefore cant comment on the stories, you are completely wrong about SW. The original trilogy constantly jumped back and forth between scenes of the good guys and the bad guys, and the prequals told the story of a good guy who became a bad guy. So the story of SW was much more balanced between "good guys" and "bad guys" than Trek is.
I really do think you may need more information to make an accurate conclusion.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-15-2012, 11:04 AM
Quote:
I really do think you may need more information to make an accurate conclusion.
About you being completely wrong about SW?
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-15-2012, 11:14 AM
Quote:
About you being completely wrong about SW?
That ip based dual-faction mmo populations even out.
It may not be 50/50 but it is definitely 45/55.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-15-2012, 11:17 AM
I'm so glad **** is going f2p soon will get into that for a year or two before spending another dime on this thing. Its obvious theres not going to be anything done this year besides grab bags...