Lt. Commander
# 11
03-14-2012, 05:52 PM
Terry and I belong to the same fleet and they are some of the nicest, most caring, supportive people I know. I've even had the privilege of meeting some of them in person. This game has certainly got amazing people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint01
Is this her way of making up for the "Whining like 12 year olds" comment?
News Flash: While the game certainly has amazing people it also has whining 12 year olds.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-14-2012, 05:54 PM
Group Hug Everyone

I agree that the STO community and players are great.

.... now I am crying
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-14-2012, 06:13 PM
Way rad!!
/10char
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-14-2012, 07:44 PM
Quote:
I was going to say I was surprised, but then I realised there is actually a good community here. It's starting to get drowned out by the endless waves of entitled whiners on the forums
nobody is whining, but there are people that are getting more and more upset with certain things. maybe you should think about why more and more people are getting upset instead of accusing people of being 'whiners.' because there are reasons for their anger. it doesn't just pop out of nowhere.

Quote:
kinda makes you wonder about the 180 doesn't it?

Quote:
same fleet and they are some of the nicest, most caring, supportive people I know. I've even had the privilege of meeting some of them in person. This game has certainly got amazing people.
indeed. and its not like guilds are like that in every game either. meridian guilds are worse than being on a klingon ship. in them, everybody really is out to get you.

Quote:
News Flash: While the game certainly has amazing people it also has whining 12 year olds.
heres another newsflash: someone who posted what she did about said 'whiny 12 year olds' which ended up creating a very bad incident with a certain dev, should be careful who she goes around accusing of being 'whiny 12 year olds.' because what she did was considerably worse. especially given that a certain person commented on it.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-14-2012, 08:00 PM
Quote:
Quote:
why must people think in absolutes? both statements that there is a great over all community and there are a lot of upset people venting on the forums can be true you know.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-14-2012, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Butters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes85 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint01

heres another newsflash: someone who posted what she did about said 'whiny 12 year olds' which ended up creating a very bad incident with a certain dev, should be careful who she goes around accusing of being 'whiny 12 year olds.' because what she did was considerably worse. especially given that a certain person commented on it.
why must people think in absolutes? both statements that there is a great over all community and there are a lot of upset people venting on the forums can be true you know.
She was expressing her frustrations at the time, as many of us have. It's not like she was wrong. This community has whiny people. It also has rude, nasty, bitter ones. That doesn't mean that there aren't good people as well.

If you took personal offense at her "12 year old" comment then perhaps it hit a little close to home for you.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-14-2012, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilv View Post
Get over it. She was expressing her frustrations at the time, as many of us have. It's not like she was wrong. This community is FULL of whiny people. It's also full of rude nasty bitter ones. That doesn't mean that there aren't good people as well.

If you took personal offense at her "12 year old" comment then perhaps it hit a little close to home for you.
You are right; there are both good and bad in any community. However regarding the whining; there really isnt any difference in Person-A whining about the game, and Person-B whining about Person A. Both people are whining about something that bothers them, and guilty of the same thing. So if Person-A is a 12 year old, then so is Person-B.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-14-2012, 08:51 PM
wait.. are they sure they are talking about the STO community?
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-14-2012, 08:54 PM
Okay guys and gals, it will not look good if the "STO Community Praised" thread has a lot of moderated posts or is locked, can we focus on the good of the community?

Ive always enjoyed the Trek community at large. they tend to be older men and have a older laid back and have a seasoned wisdom about them. I remember about a year before launch even we had a great community.

Ive made some real good friends though this game and hope to enjoy it for many years to come.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-14-2012, 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes85 View Post
nobody is whining, but there are people that are getting more and more upset with certain things. maybe you should think about why more and more people are getting upset instead of accusing people of being 'whiners.' because there are reasons for their anger. it doesn't just pop out of nowhere.
No, a lot of people do whine.

"Where are my playable Romulans?!"
"Why did you change this ability and bring it down a notch?!"
"There's a nearby star in the DS9 map!!"
"Cryptic hates the Federation!"
"Cryptic hates the Klingons!"
"You spent time working on DS9?!"

There are plenty more examples where people whine and whine ceaselessly, rather than offer constructive criticism. There is a difference between justified anger and needless whining. This community has a lot of both.