Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Part I: Star Ship Shield Statistics:

Currently we are missing, in our Star ship Status display, on our Star Ship Status menu, a clear and informative display, telling us how much damage resistance our Star Ships shields have against the various damage types.

As it is now, the status menu only shows figures for damage resistances to the hull, although, it deceivingly might have you believe that these are your overall damage resistances. This is simply not true! The damage resistances displayed there, are actually only the figures for damage resistances on your Star Ship’s hull; and are affected by the type of hull plating you equip in your engineering console slots.

But why is this problem when the only way to get damage resistances on your shields is by what type of shield you equip?

Good question, overall, it really is not a huge problem when we do not have any console devices that increase effective shield resistances. However, it would be a very nice informative tool when playing around with your Bridge Officer Skills and when calculating your resistances to certain damage types.

Therefore, I would very much like to have a separate resistance list for our ship’s hull resistances and a separate list for our Star Ships Shield resistances.

Part II: Star Ship Shield enhancing devices:

Currently, the only device upgrades that we have for our Star Ship Shields, only affect the overall strength or hit-points of the shield system, the regeneration rate, the skill trait and the power level.

This poses a question then, why do we not have any device consoles that give shields resistances to damage types? I can think of a good many instances in Star Trek where shields were modified or the frequencies altered to do just that.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
03-14-2012, 09:10 AM
The reason there isn't a shield resist console is because you can increase or decrease your shield's innate resistances with increasing or decreasing your shield power.

From this post: Beginners Guide to Ship's Power 4.0 Post #3
Quote:
A recent change is that shields also have a certain amount of damage resistance vs damage to the shields. This reduces the amount of damage done to the shield itself (i.e it's Capacity as discussed above). This shield damage resistance does not reduce the amount of damage done to the hull. The amount of damage resistance is directly proportional to the Shield Power Level. The formula as stated by the devs is: Power level / 357.12. So damage resistance is a maximum of 35% at level 125.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
03-14-2012, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halstead
The reason there isn't a shield resist console is because you can increase or decrease your shield's innate resistances with increasing or decreasing your shield power.

From this post: Beginners Guide to Ship's Power 4.0 Post #3
Now that is rather helpful. I actually had no idea that shield resistances were capped at 75%. Which is another reason I want the shield resistances displayed in the Status menu. :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
03-14-2012, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halstead
The reason there isn't a shield resist console is because you can increase or decrease your shield's innate resistances with increasing or decreasing your shield power.

From this post: Beginners Guide to Ship's Power 4.0 Post #3
That's a lousy reason.

It's not like the game can't calculate the instantaneous resistance value and show it (the game shows damage in real time which is derived in part from those values).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
03-14-2012, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlewing View Post
That's a lousy reason.

It's not like the game can't calculate the instantaneous resistance value and show it (the game shows damage in real time which is derived in part from those values).
I said "The reason there isn't a shield RESIST CONSOLE" I never said anything about why they aren't letting us see the shield resist numbers in our hud display.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
03-14-2012, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halstead
I said "The reason there isn't a shield RESIST CONSOLE" I never said anything about why they aren't letting us see the shield resist numbers in our hud display.
Oops.

So you did. sorry.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
03-14-2012, 12:22 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing an actual shield regen figure as well.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
03-15-2012, 06:49 AM
@ halstead,

since you were able to help me out so much with a link to that power setting thread, can you help me figure out what is the actual hardcap for the shield power setting? I believe I read somewhere a while back that it was 135 even though it doesn't seem to go past 125...?

Currently my power settings are always:

Weapons: 79/50
Shields: 125/97
Engines: 62/25
Auxillary 58/25
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
03-15-2012, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleon View Post
@ halstead,

since you were able to help me out so much with a link to that power setting thread, can you help me figure out what is the actual hardcap for the shield power setting? I believe I read somewhere a while back that it was 135 even though it doesn't seem to go past 125...?

Currently my power settings are always:

Weapons: 79/50
Shields: 125/97
Engines: 62/25
Auxillary 58/25
From what I understand the hard cap is 125, at least for Weapon Power. I concluded that it would be true for all other three powers. You won't be able to go above 125 basically.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
03-15-2012, 12:32 PM
A resistance rating and regeneration rate for shields in our ship UI would be nice and greatly help the game. imo.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:58 AM.