Lt. Commander
# 11
03-15-2012, 01:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
Don't waste them on this. Hit up the colonization chains in exploration clusters. The chain drop offs are a much better return than the generic drop off, and unlock repeatable dropoffs that aren't as lucrative as the chain steps themselves, but are still much better than the generic dropoffs. The chains end up calling for around 160 colonists, and with the latest tweaking, steps seem to appear quite often, I've been reliably finding 1-4 steps every time I go hunting, instead of hoping for maybe one like a month ago.

As for prisoners, the new assignments have made them a lot easier to get for Feds, too. I've been lugging two prisoners around for months just to interrogate them over and over and occasionally treat them for minor injuries (presumably related to whatever I'm doing that keeps turning up new contraband on them), but it's exploded to 12 just since the expansion missions were added.
Honestly... I have heard about these chains a lot but I have NEVER seen one... How do you get one and what do they look like? What do they call themselves? All I ever find is just the standard Deport or Resettle.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-15-2012, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinkuu_Akagan
Yand I get sooo many prisoners on my Gorns it is maddening... I have to manually dismiss them from my brig CONSTANTLY.
Are you kidding I can't keep enough of them on my KDF side look up the assignment "forced labor" you get 500 dilth for 4 prisoners. I do 2-4 / per day each KDF alt.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-15-2012, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinkuu_Akagan
Honestly... I have heard about these chains a lot but I have NEVER seen one... How do you get one and what do they look like? What do they call themselves? All I ever find is just the standard Deport or Resettle.
Go to www.bit.ly/DOFFJOBS and check out one of the read-only mirrors of the master sheet.

It updates (manually mind you) when there is a sector reset. When you see 1/7 show up head for that sector and start a chain!
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-15-2012, 02:25 PM
I have more settlers and prisoners than I know what to do with, so dunno what OP is on about. On my Fed, I sometimes do settler/colonize missions that have almost no reward just to get rid of them, and my Klingon has probably sold hundreds of prisoners to the Orion Syndicate, and sent hundreds of prisoners to forced labour camps.

If you're Fed, Resettle Colonists assignment shows up in most sectors all the time. For prisoners, you want military missions. Most critical successes with give you prisoners.

For Klingons, Resettle Colonists is a little less common, because they control fewer sectors, but Marauder missions will give you more prisoners than you can shake a stick at - especially missions in Federation space.