Lt. Commander
# 41
03-15-2012, 02:03 PM
Did anyone ever consider the reason the price of CP is going up so much this week is because a lot of people are getting upset and not buying it?
Lt. Commander
# 42
03-15-2012, 02:04 PM
Price fixing? If you're referring to player driven price fixing, I consider that a power play by someone using the free market. If you are suggesting Crytpic driven price fixing, please elaborate.
Lt. Commander
# 43
03-15-2012, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginaMala View Post
Because if you're a Silver player who wants things out of the store, its a one-way street (why would you EVER trade points for dil?).
So you can buy back the points at a later time when it's cheaper. Convert CP to dil when it's up, and then buy back more CP when it's down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginaMala View Post
And with the grind for anything taking weeks, a little more stability would be nice. I mean the price of a C-Point has gone up 20% in just the last few days, which is really disheartening when it was stable for the first month of free play. Why the change?
That is the market rate. It changes based on demand for CP. Not surprising if you ask me. In fact, I made a profit on dil thinking it would go up. With the release of the new flagships, of course there will be increased demand for CP. Many people have been WAITING for the release, stocking up on dil via dailies this whole time. Now that the ships are here, they are buying CP. That is what is driving the exchange price up. Once it goes up high enough, I plan to sell my stipend CP for dil, and buy it back when it goes back down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixboox View Post
We fix that by introducing a tax on the number of transactions people undertake.
A tax is a hindrance on a free market. Not a fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjames3653
A free unregulated market is the healthiest economy! I like the system the way it is.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Alecto
This is a poor example of a free market. In a truly free market, entities do not get a government bailout. If poor decisions lead to bankruptcy, the business gets sold and bought by others. Bond holders lose out, and the debt gets liquidated. That is not what happened. Instead, they got bailed out, and guess what? They're at it again. Free market this is not. But, I digress.
Lt. Commander
# 44
03-15-2012, 03:04 PM
Occupy Ferenginnar.
Lt. Commander
# 45
03-15-2012, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenanti
Price fixing? If you're referring to player driven price fixing, I consider that a power play by someone using the free market. If you are suggesting Crytpic driven price fixing, please elaborate.
No, I'm talking about the fixed range for pricing of both Dilithium and Cryptic Points. They control the market. It's fixed. It's regulated. It's not at all a free market. The rest of the economy flows through that exchange.
Lt. Commander
# 46
03-15-2012, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
No, I'm talking about the fixed range for pricing of both Dilithium and Cryptic Points. They control the market. It's fixed. It's regulated. It's not at all a free market. The rest of the economy flows through that exchange.
Forgive me. I'm trying to understand but your wording is a bit off. By "fixed" are you insinuating that Cryptic alters the dilithium exchange secretly? I'm not being sarcastic, or even criticizing the statement, but rather, just trying to understand what it is you're saying.
Lt. Commander
# 47
03-15-2012, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenanti
Forgive me. I'm trying to understand but your wording is a bit off. By "fixed" are you insinuating that Cryptic alters the dilithium exchange secretly? I'm not being sarcastic, or even criticizing the statement, but rather, just trying to understand what it is you're saying.
I'm saying Cryptic prevents you from selling your Cryptic Points for 1 dilithium each. That's not a free market economy. They have a fixed range at which you can offer your goods.
Lt. Commander
# 48
03-15-2012, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
I'm saying Cryptic prevents you from selling your Cryptic Points for 1 dilithium each. That's not a free market economy. They have a fixed range at which you can offer your goods.

Oh yeah. Definitely for abilishing that, but I suspect that was only institutionalized for observational puposes. and likely never taken down because it's hard enough to keep balanced, but add the fact that this game has been in a slow preplanned death since launch... You are liable to end up with a fluxuating market. Still, however, I am against it.